Knife work/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife work/ideas

A good friend at work gave me this cleaver along with some other equipment that her father used as a butcher in Alaska. He passed away quite a while back and she just had it sitting in her garage. She knew I loved knives and process a good bit of my animals myself so she wanted me to have it. I was so appreciative but given the condition, I haven’t been able to use it. It is a Village Blacksmiths cleaver. What would it take to get this bad boy up and running? I’d like to get new scales on it (I was thinking mesquite as it is now a Texan) and polish it up. The edge seems very good with very little to no damage.

Anyone in the Katy area that does this type of work?
    Attached Files

Grind the old handle off and replace with your new slabs and corby bolts. Brass and mesquite would look nice.

Comment

Not sure if he does this. But Bob with Jack knives does a great job on his custom knives. He is a sponsor on here. Search jank and you'll find him. Honest man to work with. If he doesn't refurb knives he will know who to point you to.

Comment

Bob (Jank)did a cleaver real similar to that for my father in law. It turned out fantastic!

Comment

IMO I'd leave it alone. Maybe clean it with soap and water and let the age speak for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            IMO I'd leave it alone. Maybe clean it with soap and water and let the age speak for itself.
            I can't imagine, doing anything to it...........
            Except, maybe a good cleaning, and a new edge........

Comment

Here are some before and after pics I dug up of my father in laws that Bob(Jank) fixed up for us! He does exceptional work and like always knocked it out of the park
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bob refurbished my cleaver for me as my sil hogslayer stated. It was in rough shape. He did an over the top exceptional job on it and brought it back to life. We use it at the deer lease. Sent it to him and had it back in just over a week and was very reasonably priced. He's a great guy to do business with. The pics my sis posted do not do it justice.

Comment

Good job......................
                    kept it's charm.............

Comment

I’m in houston, Fulshear, Katy area if you’re interested pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        Yep, clean it up and let that natural patina shine

Comment

Working...
                        X