No announcement yet.

if you only had 8 hours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say id take my son fishing one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
      Never heard of a man on his death bed say " I wish I would have spent more time at the office" - family and friends are what it ends up being about at the end of the day
      its a means to an end.

Do one to afford time and resources to maximize the other.

Comment

I’d be spending time with family without a doubt.

Comment

I would be holding my baby girl and wife as tight as I possibly could, and praying to my Lord and Savior

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            It was a simple question, you have only eight hours left. How do you spend it before you go?

For me, I will spend it doing two things, one of which is eating all the Tex-Mex I can.
            And...out of curiosity...what's the 2nd one?

Comment

Why, Ayurvedic massage, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                I want to find the job that you only work 8 hours a day, I am getting shorted 5 or 6 years of living...
                This right here!!!!......8 hrs of work is unfortunately my warm up!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I've made the decision to retire a little bit every day. I still work hard and provide for my family, but the work I've put in for the last 25 years has enabled me to relax a little bit. My best days are spent with my best friend, Jennie and our beautiful family. I refuse to die with regrets. I refuse to live with them too....

I’m glad this thread was brought back up because I’d forgotten this previous post of mine. Ironically, a few days after this post I devised a plan. Then on Jan 1, 2018, six months after this post, I put that plan into action when I promoted someone into my seat as CEO of our family business. I decided that I’d rather own businesses than run them and quite frankly, there are smarter people than me to run them. So my “job” has changed a lot between these two posts and my time is mostly my own now.

So if I had only eight hours left, I’d spend it like I spent today. Saw the girls off to school, had coffee with my wife which escalated into something better[emoji6], a couple of business calls, lunch with Jennie at one of our favorite restaurants, called to check on an old friend, coached a girls BB practice, grilled some chicken and sausage on the grill while sipping an Old Fashioned, supper with Jennie and the twins and watched the Natty on TV while typing this post. I’m more blessed than I deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m glad this thread was brought back up because I’d forgotten this previous post of mine. Ironically, a few days after this post I devised a plan. Then on Jan 1, 2018, six months after this post, I put that plan into action when I promoted someone into my seat as CEO of our family business. I decided that I’d rather own businesses than run them and quite frankly, there are smarter people than me to run them. So my “job” has changed a lot between these two posts and my time is mostly my own now.

So if I had only eight hours left, I’d spend it like I spent today. Saw the girls off to school, had coffee with my wife which escalated into something better[emoji6], a couple of business calls, lunch with Jennie at one of our favorite restaurants, called to check on an old friend, coached a girls BB practice, grilled some chicken and sausage on the grill while sipping an Old Fashioned, supper with Jennie and the twins and watched the Natty on TV while typing this post. I’m more blessed than I deserve.

Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing how you have been living and the path you took to get there! Living the dream!

Comment

I’m gonna live life. I don’t care if it is 8 hours, 8 days or 8 yrs. I’ve never lived in fear. I’ve always asked myself one question “ if I were to go to heaven today, have I left Riley enough memories to last her a lifetime”. That’s reason she is included in everything

Comment

Awesome.. It sounds like you got it going on.. I need to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          I would spend my last 8 hours praying and singing hyms. And inviting any and all family and friends, and anyone else who wanted to, to join me.
                          Amen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            I would spend my last 8 hours praying and singing hyms. And inviting any and all family and friends, and anyone else who wanted to, to join me.
                            Yes ^ this.

Comment

Working...
                            X