"Arkansas Toothpick" Coon Bone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Arkansas Toothpick" Coon Bone...

I know there have been stranger questions....
    So I have a Buddy that told me his dad made him a tie clip from one. He asked if I can get him another. So my question (weird one):

I can figure out the removal of the bone, but once I clean/scrape it, do I just let it sun dry or boil it or what's proper way to finish the cleaning process?

You can do either. I think I still have the one I got when I was a kid and we just scraped it and let it dry. If I remember right dad told me it was ivory lol.

Comment

A tie bar, is a GREAT idea! I've never actually gotten one, but I may give that a try if I get me a big ol' boar coon in my Duke's. If you can get a pic of the tie bar, please post up.
      Thx.

Comment

[ATTACH]1030734[/ATTACH]

I only seen them used in one certain way, never had any idea they had other purposes.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ve heard of people using them for swizzle sticks too. Guess could seal with superglue or something when done. If I bring myself to cut one out I will post pics (finished product)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re supposed to clean like you would a rib from roadhouse. Lol

Comment

Oldtimers used to scrape them down with glass shards.

Comment

Don't boil, simmer for about 30 min. Then put it in some peroxide, " Not bleach ", for a couple hours. Then sit it in the sun to dry. They make nice tooth picks also.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  [ATTACH]1030734[/ATTACH]

I only seen them used in one certain way, never had any idea they had other purposes.
                  yes please

Comment

Well I was going to be brave and try to get the one I shot this am but I tossed it to far into thorn brush. Will definitely do this on the next one and report back. Didn’t expect as many comments

Comment

[ATTACH]1030734[/ATTACH]

Well that one would be "clean" enuf to use any way you wanted to after that job ends.... but then again, I rekon that "job" never "ends"... Always another 'nanza and gotta have some shine in a jar just in case there ain't no sunshine...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Well that one would be "clean" enuf to use any way you wanted to after that job ends.... but then again, I rekon that "job" never "ends"... Always another 'nanza and gotta have some shine in a jar just in case there ain't no sunshine...

Sorry I’ve missed the last couple. Just took some to a judge friend at the coast and he wants more so I’ll probably get a batch going soon.

Michael

Comment

[ATTACH]1030734[/ATTACH]

I chuckle every time that dood on Moonshiners says "Coon Root."

Comment

Back in high school, we would attach an alligator clip, wrap some leather string, and sell em to our dope smoking friends.

Stoners paid good money for a coon root.

Still have 2 hanging from my mirror, had em for 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                              Back in high school, we would attach an alligator clip, wrap some leather string, and sell em to our dope smoking friends.

Stoners paid good money for a coon root.

Still have 2 hanging from my mirror, had em for 40 years.

Might be a new market for them if they are successful with federally decriminalizing marijuana.

If they do, they should require everyone to smoke their dope off a coon ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X