Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there things that won't spend a lot of money on, because you know you'll lose or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there things that won't spend a lot of money on, because you know you'll lose or

break it? I won't buy expensive sunglasses or knives for this very reason. As a matter of fact, I have a couple of expensive knives that I won't leave the house with for fear of losing them.

No I finally got over losing stuff.......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      No I finally got over losing stuff.......
      That's what I need to do.

Comment

I wont buy a high gloss fancy rifle. I shoot my stuff and I tend to not be gentle. I highly appericate the beauty of a fancy wood stocked rifle but just cant make myself buy one to scratch up.

Comment

I am the same way with sunglasses. 40 bucks for polarized is about my limit.

Comment

Sunglasses...fancy new phones...probably several more items too

Comment

Whiskey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My marbles......

Comment

Women...…………...

Comment

Nope. I have learned good stuff ain’t cheap and cheap stuff ain’t good. I’m blessed enough that I can spend the money on better stuff. And if I lose it then I’ll replace it with the same if it lived up to expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rule 67. If you buy a new work flashlight your odds of loosing it in the first few days is high.

Comment

I'm pretty good about not losing stuff. As far as buying nice things- I like the look of a quality item that has a used - well worn look. Also, Like my guitars - I buy nice ones that play well and sound good - if they have some patina and some dings, so what - that means they are used and appreciated. When this stuff gets passed down to my son, it will have evidence of my love worn into it for him to appreciate and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          I am the same way with sunglasses. 40 bucks for polarized is about my limit.
                          I've had the same pair of $40 RayBans for at least 6 years.
                          Before that, I'd lost a bunch of more expensive glasses.

My best man would buy a new pair of Oakleys every time we went tubing. He lost them EVERY time. It became a ritual for him, and he accepted it.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Whiskey
                          What are you considering expensive? I've fell in love with Whistle Pig. It's the most expensive whiskey I've bought, but still a lot less than a bunch that I pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Nope. I have learned good stuff ain’t cheap and cheap stuff ain’t good. I’m blessed enough that I can spend the money on better stuff. And if I lose it then I’ll replace it with the same if it lived up to expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            My thoughts exactly. I carry a Pena custom and wear maui jims. They both work like there supposed to and worth every penny to me.

Comment

I have some nice knives I keep locked up, but my EDC knives tend to disappear and sometimes mysteriously reappear months later. As a result I have a cigar box full of pocket knives I either paid $25 or less for or cheapos that were give-aways. (eg: got'em in a SWAG bag at a charity clay shoot.) They work fine for EDC and I don't worry about losing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X