Electric edger advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric edger advice?

I feel like I am stepping back in time by asking this question on recommendation for an electric edger? I live in a rural area but have a significantly lengthy driveway so I would only use it every couple of weeks. My issue is I have way too many motorized equipment to keep up with and I am trying to simplify that end of it. Between tractors, mowers, tillers and multiple four wheelers (grandkids), generators etc. Example I went to an electric pressure washer last year for this reason.

Thanks in advance.

i have a black and decker edger that does the job, wish i had a gas powered one so i didnt have to drag the cord around other than that i dont have a problem with it.

Comment

I also have the Black and Decker Edge Hog. It works fine unless I go too long between edgings. It struggles if the St Augustine has grown into thick mats sticking out on the driveway. I'm sure a gas powered machine would work much better but I don't edge often enough to be worth it.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

I just use my 18v Ryobi weed eater

Comment

I purchased a Milwaukee M18 edger(and string trimmer, hedge trimmer, pole saw).

I'm impressed with how well everything works and I wanted to change over to Milwaukee because I'm buying a Milwaukee impact(1,400 ft lbs or torque!).

I'm going to change my other stuff over from Dewalt as it dies. My drill is about stripped out now.

Comment

I bought this Ego and it has been great. I have the blower also that uses the same battery. I can edge both sides of my 150 foot driveway on a single charge. I usually edge then put it back on the charger then mow and I’ll have enough juice to blow everything off after I’m done mowing. The blower came with the 2.5 ah battery but larger ones are available.

Comment

Edger

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                I feel like I am stepping back in time by asking this question on recommendation for an electric edger? I live in a rural area but have a significantly lengthy driveway so I would only use it every couple of weeks. My issue is I have way too many motorized equipment to keep up with and I am trying to simplify that end of it. Between tractors, mowers, tillers and multiple four wheelers (grandkids), generators etc. Example I went to an electric pressure washer last year for this reason.

Thanks in advance.
                I own a Lawn business and I understand what your saying about what your doing but the problem with dealing with some thing and batteries they just don't hold up been there and done that. Get you and Echo weed eater model SRM 225 and never look back Run only Non Eth. gas. Buy the time you start messing with bad or dead batteries and buying more its not worth the trouble just my opinion. Batteries cost as much almost than buying a hold new weed eater.

Comment

Kinda feel like you do TPS, with all the gas powered tools I have including a little Troybilt edger. But it sees little use due to the fact that I will have the weedeater out anyway so I usually just use that for edging the drive and sidewalk. Only adds about 10 minutes on thee weedeater and I don't have to drag out the edger. I use it every once in a while to tune up the edges because the edger cuts a better edge than I can with the WE.
                  PS: The Troybilt is small, lightweight, uses little gas, was cheap, almost maintenance free so far and cuts about 200' of driveway/sidewalk in about 5 min.
                  Last edited by locolobo; 05-20-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s input. I have a couple of stihl weed eaters I use on a regular basis but was wanting something to clean up the edging on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                    X