What's up with 5G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with 5G?

What is the deal with 5G? I have had a neighbor and a customer talk about it like it was the coming of the anti-Christ. They acted like I knew what they were talking about but I didn't have time to ask what they were concerned about.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ovYOgzFTc"]Doctors call for delaying deployment of 5G due to health risks NTD - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The theory is that 5G emits radiation that alters/weakens our immune systems. The COVID outbreak coincided with worldwide roll out, thus it HAD to be a contributing factor in the pandemic.

5G isn’t new. Most of your home routers and devices have been 5G capable for 3-5 years.

Frankly I’ve been on beta 5G networks in Kansas City, Denver, Atlanta and Colorado Springs and it sucked. Poor reception and data was slightly faster than 3G speeds. Maybe those weren’t tuned networks and working optimally. But I wasn’t impressed

First they blamed GMOs. Then biowarfare. Now a new COVID conspiracy theory is making the rounds, purportedly linking the ongoing global pandemic with the rollout of 5G communications networks. Where did this theory originate, and what is the “evidence” offered by believers? What are the conspiracists saying? By its very nature, as a conspiracy theory […]

Comment

Instead of going 4g 5g 6g 7g 8g blah blah blah. Why dont we work on getting reliable AFFORDABLE internet to rural areas. And cell service in general and quit worrying about being faster.

Heck i have hughes net 5G supposedly or its capable in the future. Well all i got is about a 1/2G right now.

Comment

When most people talk about 5G they are referring to the rollout and promise of blazing data speeds for the Cellular network and associated connectivity to the Internet via that technology from the cellular network. There is 2GHz and 5GHz technology for Wi-fi that your home router uses on the Local Network within the home that the smart phones can also use for data connection to the internet through the home router to save on your phone company data limits.

Comment

So I just watched that video, sounds like everything they said about televisions and microwaves etc...when they first came out. I wonder if it is more of the same old same old.

Comment

Pretty sure 5Ghz WiFi and 5G cellular are not quite the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                Pretty sure 5Ghz WiFi and 5G cellular are not quite the same thing.
                I'd say so as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                  So I just watched that video, sounds like everything they said about televisions and microwaves etc...when they first came out. I wonder if it is more of the same old same old.
                  Pretty much.

Despite what you've likely seen spewed all over the internet, 5G, in fact, does not and did not cause the Coronavirus.

Comment

5 G cell just means 5th Generation and has nothing to do with frequency or amplitude or capacity of the cellular network... The concern is also because that chinee phone company Wa We or something like that is the largest manufacturer of this type of equipment and everyone (and the gubment seems to agree) seems to think it has imbedded spying capabilities for the chinee gubment...

Comment

Pretty scary stuff actually. Your freedoms will further erode w this stuff!

Comment

This guy was a top national security agent of ours

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          5 G cell just means 5th Generation and has nothing to do with frequency or amplitude or capacity of the cellular network... The concern is also because that chinee phone company Wa We or something like that is the largest manufacturer of this type of equipment and everyone (and the gubment seems to agree) seems to think it has imbedded spying capabilities for the chinee gubment...
                          If that’s the case, why would they even contemplate using it? Seems like a foolish idea to me.
                          I’d be just fine without it but I’m afraid we’ll all be forced to use it in some capacity or another. I’m disliking technology more and more every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                            https://youtu.be/AGkU7HmAAAc

Pretty scary stuff actually. Your freedoms will further erode w this stuff!
                            That was educational, that's what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              Instead of going 4g 5g 6g 7g 8g blah blah blah. Why dont we work on getting reliable AFFORDABLE internet to rural areas. And cell service in general and quit worrying about being faster.

Heck i have hughes net 5G supposedly or its capable in the future. Well all i got is about a 1/2G right now.
                              It's kind of a two birds with one stone deal. By rolling out 5g which has significantly lower latency while supporting incredibly faster speeds, households in rural areas will be able to do wireless networking via cell towers in lieu of needing a hard-line ran to every house. But I have to ask, why should the majority of the population and large corporations be concerned with supporting what's best for the minority (rural customers)?

Comment

Working...
                              X