Galaxy Ember and Manderin Black Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Do these two bows have interchangeable parts? Lancaster says the Black Hunter limbs wont fit the Ember but I am really wanting 60lb limbs.

2. What is everyone's hunting weight at their draw length? (not what bow is marked at, unless its the same)

I ask the second question cause I am pulling about 48lbs on the ember longbow and it is flinging my 556grain arrow at 162 fps. Would you hunt hogs/elk/moose with that?

I shoot 50# at my DL, and yes, I have or would hunt every one of the animals you listed!!!

That being said, if I could shoot 60#, I would. I believe a guy should hunt with the most draw weight he can shoot accurately under the pressure of a hunting situation!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can pull 60# all day. My challenge is I cannot get limbs for the Ember in anything high then 55lbs at 28inches. I draw 27ish....puts me at 48-50lbs.

Comment

I bought and sold a Black Hunter that was marked at 60lbs so I know they make the limbs.

Gary

Comment

Yes sir, the black hunter comes in 60lb. I bought mine from lancaster and they have the "ember" which only comes in 55lbs. Thats what got me asking the question...

Comment

There's quite a few guys o AT shooting them. Have you checked there?

Gary

Comment

Thank you Gary. I’m not big into AT. Thank you though.

Comment

I dont know about the bows you mentioned.

I do know that I shoot 540gr arrows from a 48# @ 27 and would hunt anything on this continent with it.

Comment

Originally posted by stick_string View Post
                  Thank you Gary. I’m not big into AT. Thank you though.
                  I understand. Definitely a yankee situation there. However a lot more people as well. I asked. If I get some info I'll let you know.

Gary

Comment

I have the Galaxy Ember and Black Hunter. Both are 35#, had to lower weight with bad roto cuff. Looks like they WILL interchange on mine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

DRT, Thank you greatly!

White Falcon, if they do swap would you let me know!

Comment

Will do if I ever unstring them. Order one from Amazon, and if it doesn't fit they will take it back!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Will do if I ever unstring them. Order one from Amazon, and if it doesn't fit they will take it back!
                          I run a pro shop in the Hill Country and I am bringing in Trad gear!!

So I get dealer price from them and Lancaster Warranty. BUT, I will keep that in mind.

Comment

Here's a couple responses

Gary

Comment

Thank you! It took me a min but I found the post...

Comment

Working...
                              X