Feeder for hog trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder for hog trap

What would be a good choice for a feeder to be used in a hog trap? I need a feeder I can use for pre-baiting trap sites that won’t be turned over and destroyed. The plastic moultrie I was using didn’t survive.

You could get one with a directional thrower and put it outside of the trap.

Comment

Or hang a metal one from a tree, if possible. Plastic feeders aren't worth a flip.

Comment

I just used one of those cheap 5 gallon mourtre feeder , just strapped it down on some center blocks on top of cage

Comment

Did you stake it down with t-post?

Comment

I have a 6.5 gallon Moultrie feeder on top of my trap. It has worked well.

I also have the cheap plastic barrel one, but the legs are ran through the cattle panel and sit outside the trap. Hogs have never been able to damage it.

Comment

I need a freestanding feeder I can put out prior to moving the trap in. I try to pre-bait a site while trapping at another site. Using two feeders, I am trapping one location while pre-baiting the next location so I have very little down time. I would like a feeder that is fairly easy to move, but one hogs can’t knock over.

Comment

I haven't implemented it just yet, but my plan was to use a 6.5 gallon bucket feeder to hang from a tree above the trap. I specifically located my traps under shade trees so that I could keep them trapped a little longer and not worry about them overheating.

Comment

Working...
                X