Would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you?

I have some life-long friends who live in another state. About 5 years ago my wife and I visited and stayed with them at their mountain vacation home. As we were leaving they said, “if you ever want to come back here, you are welcome to stay at our place, even if we’re not here”. Here’s the question;

Would it be rude if I asked to stay at their place with my wife, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, 12 y/o nephew and 7 y/o niece for a 4-5 days next year? My wife says she won’t do it because it’s rude to ask them, even if they offered. Lodging in that area is very expensive and I’m trying to keep costs down for my in-laws.

What do you think?

Thanks

I would ask them to rent it. Other than that, no

Comment

Very rude.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not for free offer money at least

Comment

I have a guy like that that i wouldn't hesitate to ask for me, my wife, and son, but i wouldn't ask for any extended family. He would probably let me, I just wouldn't be comfortable asking. So i would tell the brother in law, etc. to find their own place

Comment

I don't think its rude, would let them know that im willing to rent. if they didn't want you there, they wouldn't have offered. at least that's how my mind works. if I don't want someone using my stuff, I don't offer my stuff to be used.

Comment

NO Way!!

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                I don't think its rude, would let them know that im willing to rent. if they didn't want you there, they wouldn't have offered. at least that's how my mind works. if I don't want someone using my stuff, I don't offer my stuff to be used.
                ^^^ this is referring to me and my immediate family, not sure on bringing everyone I know on an invite.

Comment

I would ask to rent it

Comment

Life long friends? If it was just me I'd show up no problem lol...my friends wouldn't care...BUT I definitely wouldn't take extended family. Big no no.

Id offer to rent it off him and ask about your family then.

Comment

I don't think so, but then I've always been better at giving than recieving. I always pay my way.

Comment

I was planning on offering to rent, although I know they wouldn’t accept money from me.

Comment

I’m sure the invitation was for you and your wife. Having you, your in laws and their kids over was probably not what the friends had in mind when they extended the invitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First off, the worst they can say is no! That being said, if I was going to ask I would at least start off by offering some form of fair compensation for the stay and then go from there especially if they typically rent it out.
                            Last edited by Kmart49; 03-06-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

No, but leave some money or something for the house that can be used for payment.

Comment

Working...
                              X