No announcement yet.

Trapping nuisance cats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught one last night! The cheap canned cat food did the trick. Turned it out at my shop, if the dog doesn't get it maybe it can do some good by helping with rats! Resetting the traps again tonight. One down 12-13 more to go...

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
      For the cat trappers. If you catch a cat in a trap. Cover the trap with a blanket and make it dark. The cat will calm down, then you can transport it to a Beto supporters house for release.
      Wish I had read this before I turned it out at my shop... now I know where the next ones are going

Comment

Been trapping them for years. I call animal control and they come pick them up. I never see the cat again. My conscious is clear. It would also be clear if'n I took a 12ga to them. I use the have a heart trap with tuna or sardines. I will catch about 2 possums for every cat. Animal control gets them too.

Comment

Cats do not go to Heaven. God hates them too, and will send them back as kittens for your kids to bring home!!!

Seriously, the feral cat is the largest and most prevalent invasive species problem we have, and the sad decline in game bird and song bird populations can be directly correlated to this.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
            I saw a warden on Lone Star law do just that with a coon getting into a chicken coop last week. Owners caught the coon, warden relocated to somewhere on LBJ if I recall. I don't see the problem with relocating an animal away from people, or did I miss something?
            If that "warden" was a game warden and released the coon on LBJ National Grasslands, BIG Difference... The warden is a wildlife official, and IS authorized to relocate wild animals to acceptable places. YOU are not unless you are a gubment official with those specific duties. That same warden cannot legally relocate that coon to private property either.

I live just far enough out of town that dirtbags from town think it's OK to dump cats n dogs, coons, etc. off on my property... It is NOT OK and it is illegal unless I give specific permission to dump them.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              Not so here---for cats. Dogs yes. I just don't understand as cats are an exotic, non-native species that does much damage to the local bird, reptile, and small mammal population. One of my favorite things that happened long, long ago in a far away neighborhood. Trapped a cat that belonged to a neighbor who had a pet door. I dumped half a bottle of Tinks skunk scent on the cat in the trap and released it. Cat hauled for home and went inside naturally.
              Genius!!!

Comment

We have a couple of feral cats show up at our storage facility each year. In the past, we'd trap them and contact Animal Control. They'd come pick up the cat and 99.99% of the time euthanize it soon after - no one comes to the pound to adopt a feral cat.
                A couple of years ago, I trapped one and I posted on Facebook 'free cat' - hoping some bleeding heart would step up to adopt it and keep it from being put down. I said if no one takes the cat, I'll let it loose on my 15 acres in the country to fend for itself.
                Well you'd of thought I spit in the Pope's face. All these snowflakes start accusing me of 'killing' the cat by releasing it to the wild for coyotes, etc. to eat. They had all kinds of suggestions that would cost me time and money to place the cat somewhere - but they were unwilling to put their actions where their mouths were.
                I am not going to relocate the cat to someone else's property, but I figure a feral cat fending for himself in the country is far better prospect (for the cat) than letting Animal Control take the cat to certain death.

Comment

Relocating is illegal in Texas---it is called "abandoning" per the penal code.

Comment

I hate cats. Sss

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Far as I am concerned, YOU or anyone else who traps an amimal, wild or domestic and relocates it is no different than the worst poacher. AND it is just as illegal as killing a feral cat. If you don't trap and dispose of properly and legally, DON'T CATCH IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!
                      Daaannnnggggg.......as bad as the worst poacher huh.......

Comment

Relocating is illegal in Texas---it is called "abandoning" per the penal code.

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-c...ct-42-092.html
                        You might want to reread that and pay close attention to the definition of 'custody'.

Comment

not so here---for cats. Dogs yes. I just don't understand as cats are an exotic, non-native species that does much damage to the local bird, reptile, and small mammal population. One of my favorite things that happened long, long ago in a far away neighborhood. Trapped a cat that belonged to a neighbor who had a pet door. I dumped half a bottle of tinks skunk scent on the cat in the trap and released it. Cat hauled for home and went inside naturally. :d
                          lol!

Comment

Not so here---for cats. Dogs yes. I just don't understand as cats are an exotic, non-native species that does much damage to the local bird, reptile, and small mammal population. One of my favorite things that happened long, long ago in a far away neighborhood. Trapped a cat that belonged to a neighbor who had a pet door. I dumped half a bottle of Tinks skunk scent on the cat in the trap and released it. Cat hauled for home and went inside naturally.

Damm..... this is absolutely a classic!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Next time you see a litter of kitten. Round them up put them in a tow sack. Slam them on the ground. Throw them in the lake. Do whatever blows your skirt up.
                              Why are cats a nuisance? Morons get a kitten cause it's cute then they don't get it fixed. Then after the cuteness wears off the cat becomes someone else's problem. The great American leave blower syndrome.
                              PS: I AM A CAT LOVER.

Comment

Working...
                              X