Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford 3.5 L Ecoboost in a Ford Raptor....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 3.5 L Ecoboost in a Ford Raptor....

Anyone have a Raptor with the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost? What kind of power does it have and does it tow well? The gas mileage can't be any worse than my 6.2 gasser.

I'm looking at getting one and trading in my 2018 F250 6.2 gasser.

The tow rating is only 8000# with a 800# tongue rating.
    The engine is great and will move anything however the rear suspension was designed for racing and is really soft. That’s why the tow rating is low.
    You can find out a lot on the “Raptor Forum

Comment

I don't tow a lot. Occasionally I pull a single axle trailer with my mule on it to the lease or maybe a pallet of corn so it's not that big of a deal.

Comment

How do you like the f250 with the 6.2??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the f150 FX4 with the 3.5 ecoboost in 2018 and the towing capacity is 13800. It tows my 28' bumper pull like candy. Gets 9-10 towing and 20 the rest of the time. Love it

The 2.7 now tows 9000 max

Comment

I Had that engine in a F150. Super powerful, very fast, tons or torque, terrible gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC77 View Post
              I have the f150 FX4 with the 3.5 ecoboost in 2018 and the towing capacity is 13800. It tows my 28' bumper pull like candy. Gets 9-10 towing and 20 the rest of the time. Love it

The 2.7 now tows 9000 max

Holy moly! My mileage wasn’t near that. I was running 35’s and was getting 11.5 and about 5 towing a 30ft camper.

Comment

truck

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                Holy moly! My mileage wasn’t near that. I was running 35’s and was getting 11.5 and about 5 towing a 30ft camper.

My 2018 does much better than my 2016 did. I run the michelins that came on it. 18s. The above is a true story. Avg. is 20.3 right now driing around Canyon Lake and New Braunfels area. The power is real though

Comment

OP, the big difference you will notice is the 3.5 doesn't have the punch that your big displacement 6.2 motor has. But by going to the raptor, you are going to shed close to a ton, so the truck will feel more nimble, except for the fact that it's a softer suspension.

Just my opinion, but a baja truck should have displacement, not turbo's. But for everyday use on a road like 95% of Raptors are used for, the turbos will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                    Wow.....my 5.4 does better than that

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                      How do you like the f250 with the 6.2??

Other than the gas mileage I love the truck. I just want a Raptor now!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        OP, the big difference you will notice is the 3.5 doesn't have the punch that your big displacement 6.2 motor has. But by going to the raptor, you are going to shed close to a ton, so the truck will feel more nimble, except for the fact that it's a softer suspension.

Just my opinion, but a baja truck should have displacement, not turbo's. But for everyday use on a road like 95% of Raptors are used for, the turbos will be fine.

I have to disagree. The 3.5 Ecoboost has more HP and Torque. The torque comes on much earlier in the RPM range as well. Combined with less weight like you mentioned, there will be no contest in regards to acceleration pretty much at any range in the RPMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          Other than the gas mileage I love the truck. I just want a Raptor now!

What kind of mileage are you seeing?

Comment

About 13 most of the time. If I tow ANYTHING, it drops off significantly. Down around 9-10 mpg.

Comment

A friend has a raptor with the 3.5L and I have ridden in it enough to want one pretty bad.
                              The only thing about the new raptors that I don't like with the Ecoboost is the sound. You can not get close to that big V8 sounds on a turbo'd six banger. I had a guy on 610 in a what appeared to be a heavily modified first gen raptor punch it and it was dirty.... in the best way possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X