X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead evening

Coryell county is DEAD tonight... No love at all

Anybody else hunting

Don’t feel bad, it is pretty much the same for me.

Comment

May go get shovel and scoop corn back in The feeder

Comment

Same here in sw San Saba county. Didn't see anything this am. Still some corn left on the roads I hand corned last Sunday. Acorns still hailing down on carport.

Comment

Same in Gillespie. Not even a squirrel moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hand corn around an oak tree. Spot and stalk. Deer are still out there

Comment

2 does here in Anderson county. Decided to stay in town and not go to lease in goldthwaite. Kids heading down there now. Good luck to them.

Comment

Watching 2 cameras in Lampassas County. Super dead..............

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                  Hand corn around an oak tree. Spot and stalk. Deer are still out there
                  This the most mail in typical unproductive answer...

Spot and stalk would take 20 minutes to hunt this whole place... It just isn't feasible. 560 acres but doesn't set up well for it

I can see about 800 acres from here most of it isn't ours and there are no deer on any of it currently haha

They gotta come OUT to see them... They just ain't moving

Most of stands are IN oaks and still notta...

Comment

Ten minutes after legal time they show up..................

Comment

Patience! My dad almost gave up this morning after a slow 3 hours and shot his biggest buck off our lease in 30 years about 9:45! He was chasing a doe and this is pretty late for our normal rut.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                        Patience! My dad almost gave up this morning after a slow 3 hours and shot his biggest buck off our lease in 30 years about 9:45! He was chasing a doe and this is pretty late for our normal rut.
                        I'm wondering if a lot are locked down

Comment

1 pig yesterday nothing else in Coryell co. I have paid hunters tomorrow. Kinda worried. High fence with exotics if that matters. Very strange year...

Comment

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
                            1 pig yesterday nothing else in Coryell co. I have paid hunters tomorrow. Kinda worried. High fence with exotics if that matters. Very strange year...
                            Agree. A year for the book.

Checking the cameras the deer moved all night. Found another 8 pointer I have never seen before. Got 4 hunters that make one trip a year I am trying to help. This is frustrating. Will see how the morning goes................

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                              I'm wondering if a lot are locked down

The bucks I’ve been seeing (not only at the lease but across the 5 hour drive to and from lease and around the house) have only been on does. And I mean dead locked on a doe. Outside of that only occasional does and youngsters.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X