Barndominium Build ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndominium Build ?

My wife likes the idea and we know a builder that is building more & more of these. I hear they are lower maintenance & more economical to build. When I research the price per SQFT to me is no different. Anyone with experience can shed some light on what to expect in terms $/SQFT range to build on raw land? Curious as we have thought about considering this option to get out of the residential life
    For what’s its worth this is for East Tx area outskirts of Tyler
    Thanks

We are Process now of building one. I should have my building quote next week for approximately 3500 ft². I will report back.

Comment

If you are building a metal house, there isn't much savings in construction except the cost difference between the metal vs brick.

Most savings come from building smaller sq ft living, and bigger shop under one roof. You can get by building a little different than conventional. But if you want a conventional floor plan, and seperate shop I would go conventional.

Comment

2400 sq ft with 1200 sqft of covered porches 150-160k thats including well and septic. I did do some work myself and GCd the entire thing so saved some money there.
        Alot depends on how you want to finish out the inside. We hace knotty alder throughout doors cabinet's granite stone fireplace island ect. You can make them as simple or as nice qs you want.

Comment

If you don’t mind a basic square or rectangle footprint you can save money. If you start making a lot of setbacks, corners, gables/hips it’s going to cost more than conventional.

I like having my shop away from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

$120 - $175 depending on finish out and porches is the going rate. They are not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              2400 sq ft with 1200 sqft of covered porches 150-160k thats including well and septic. I did do some work myself and GCd the entire thing so saved some money there.
              Alot depends on how you want to finish out the inside. We hace knotty alder throughout doors cabinet's granite stone fireplace island ect. You can make them as simple or as nice qs you want.
              Where are you at again?

Comment

This is awesome. I’d like to know more details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  Where are you at again?
                  Out in Oatmeal in burnet co.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                    This is awesome. I’d like to know more details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Ask away man. Im not sure where the others are getting their orices but theres no way i could have built a stick home for the price i built the barndo.

We didnt go cheap on the finish out by any means. Spray foam which was a little bit more but well worth it imo. Tankless water heater tile showes glass doors stone on the outsides of them spa tubs ect.

I did the electrical all trim work hanging doors baseboards built the closets pantry shelves stained the floors all doorknobs door stops all the simple little stuff and the painting. Everything else we subbed out i believe.

Comment

Depending on area I build the shells for roughly $32 a sqft. This gets you an engineered foundation, 14' eave heights, 2 roll up doors and a walk door. Basic 2400 sqft buildings with no extras such as porches, gutters, windows etc. No electrical or plumbing either. Please do not PM or contact me as I am not taking new customers. Just trying to provide some help. They can easily be finished for under 100 per sqft. I do it regularly. It all depends on selections.

Comment

We built a 40X60 with 10X60 porch for about 115 per sq ft. I was the GC so that saved a bunch. Knotty alder custom cabinets, vanities and solid wood doors. Granite counter tops in kitchen, island and all 3 bathrooms. 3 tiled showers and all porcelain floor tile, stone fireplace, 70" ceiling fans all stainless steel appliances new furniture throughout. Everything for $115 sq ft.

Comment

Ask away man. Im not sure where the others are getting their orices but theres no way i could have built a stick home for the price i built the barndo.

We didnt go cheap on the finish out by any means. Spray foam which was a little bit more but well worth it imo. Tankless water heater tile showes glass doors stone on the outsides of them spa tubs ect.

I did the electrical all trim work hanging doors baseboards built the closets pantry shelves stained the floors all doorknobs door stops all the simple little stuff and the painting. Everything else we subbed out i believe.
                          you got any pictures? Alot ?

I am looking to build in a few years in Burnet county on 10 acres we just got. I'd like to do a lot of what you have done.

Comment

In for info.

Comment

I’m in!
                              I’m looking at building a 60x80 barn shell this coming year in the La Grange area, if anyone has any more information.

Comment

Working...
                              X