Hunters in Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters in Recovery

Well, after 23 years of abuse I decided to make a life changing decision to get help with my alcoholism. I checked myself into a medical detox facility and went to a 30 day rehab after that. Now I am 96 days in recovery and have already had a couple of sober hunts under my belt, (big deal for me!) I wanted to reach out and hear from others in my same situation how they deal with sober life and hunting. If this is against the rules please remove.

Good for you!!! Keep it up!

Comment

Huge congrats

Comment

Keep it up and stay strong!!

Comment

Congrats! "The only easy day was yesterday" Steady On!

Comment

Keep it up... might want to try Celebrate Recovery as my wife works for a Non-Profit and may of them are in that program.

Comment

not an expert on this, but rooting for your will power and well being!

can't imagine what it is like but hope you can build a support network around you.

Comment

Stay the course brother!

Comment

Outstanding stuff! Congrats and keep it up.

Comment

I'm proud for you. Stay strong and beat it.

(On a lighter note, can I have all of your leftover booze?)

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, take it one day at a time.

Comment

Good luck. I hope your friends and family are totally supportive of your decision. I would imagine it would be very easy to backslide if they are are saying things like, just have one with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely not "against the rules" brother. IMO, you made the best decision in your life. I made that same decision on 12-27-87 when I was 19 yrs old. Been sober for 31+ yrs living one day at a time. Hunting is more enjoyable, concerts are much better, relationships are more amicable, spending time at the camp with others is better, etc... Still today at 51 yrs old, I need to exercise caution and not put myself in problematic situations. It's Okay to say no and walk away, or not go out with friends who do not know when to stop drinking.

I have nothing against people who still drink or smoke Hippee lettuce. Some can handle it and be productive members of society, whereas others can't and are in denial. That's their prerogative to do what they want regardless of the outcome. I have no doubt the best thing that ever happened to me is being a drug addict and alcoholic. I should have died or overdosed dozens of times as God had a different plan. I'm just thankful that I let him take control since my way was definitely not working.

Thanks for being honest as you have nothing to be ashamed of. There are lots of TBH'ers in recovery as you are not alone.

Comment

Temptation is a weapon of the devil but you can do it. 24 years now, one day at a time. It gets easier with time.

Comment

Working...
                              X