Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Rifle Season is here..Who's Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Rifle Season is here..Who's Missing?

Found a old pic of my late Dad sitting on the ranch house porch near Sterling City and brought back a lot of memories of opening Deer season and all the great times we had. He was a "Man's Man, WW2 Veteran."

Dad was never a bow hunter, but he brought his love of hunting and taught his Son and Grandson's just about everything we would ever need to know. I still remember those ingrained images of him coming home after a big hunt in Colorado, Elk & Mule Deer racks in the pickup and towed Willy's Jeep he was so proud of.

Started me around 10 and we both started my son's/grandsons about the same age and I'm talking about hunting and killing game.

There are a lot of TBH members my age (60+) and a lot of YOUNG one's, but it all means something to all of us? Who taught you, introduced you to the Hunt?

Just remember them and if they are still with you, cherish every second and pass it down to those you love. Good luck all and enjoy!
    Attached Files

I will be at the Formula 1 race in Austin!!! Lewis Hamilton going for 7th world championship in our backyard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandfather in his 50’s. Passed away when I was 8. We still hunt the lease he was on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m out. Wife is out of town til Saturday evening.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’m out. My office is having A fun run Saturday and I got voluntold to work traffic. But leaving Sunday to chase flounder in Louisiana with my dad for 2 days

Comment

In.

Comment

Missing it this year...again. Working offshore until early December. Will be out in the woods first weekend I'm back though. Can't wait! Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Although my uncle never hunted, he always went with us to cook, drink his bourbon spiked Diet Pepsi, and stoke the fire in the wood burning stove. He kept his shiny Colt 45 in his shoulder harness and left the cabin door open with a handful of corn in the doorway. He said he would shoot one when it ate that corn. We would be in our stands and he would walk outside and unload every round from that Colt into a tree, just to “make sure the deer were awake”.
                He passed away 15 years ago next month. Of all my uncles, he was the one who taught me life lessons and spoke to me like I mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  I will be at the Formula 1 race in Austin!!! Lewis Hamilton going for 7th world championship in our backyard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  That’s awesome. I had fun last year and Would love to go again but I’ll be hunting Laguna Atascosa instead. Have fun

Comment

Wife’s birthday is Sunday. Haven’t made an opening day in 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll be offshore for a couple more weeks.

Comment

In. Will be at our place in London.

Comment

I'm gonna let the smoke clear and go later.

Comment

I will be in Starr county, first time taking my brother. He helped me tons at the lease cleaning brush and filling the feeder and cleaning my cabin. He deserves to be with me opening day. My 13yo son would sleep 1/2 the time while we cleaned and worked at the lease, he’ll be staying home opening day.

Comment

this weekend is a weekend of many firsts for me. First, it’s my first hunt on my slice of Texas, first time hunting with my wife, first time hunting with a Mathews(drenalin), first time bowhunting out of a box blind(first box blind I’ve built)and lastly first time hunting on my very own place. I might not even pull the bow back, but simply sit there quietly and reflect on what God has done in my life. I’m so excited for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X