Carne Adovado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carne Adovado

I had some Carne Adovado when we went thru Albuquerque last week on our way to Durango. This is the time of year when the Hatch Chilis are ready and everyone was roasting them. I have always been intimidated with dried chilis and never used them but after watching a few You tube videos I decided to give it a shot. I let it sit in the fridge over night and plan on making tacos tonight. The meat was really flavorful and tender. I used a recipe from the American Test Kitchen. The link to the show with a video is listed below with all of the ingredients as well. I followed the recipe pretty close and it was not to hot at all. Enjoy.

1 (3½- to 4-pound) boneless pork butt roast, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces

Kosher salt

4 ounces dried New Mexican Chiles, wiped clean, stemmed, seeded, and torn into 1-inch pieces

4 cups boiling water

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

5 garlic cloves, peeled

2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano

2 teaspoon ground cumin

½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

⅛ teaspoon ground clove

Love that stuff, look forward to it every year when we make our trip to NM... looks perfect!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I read it wrong . Thought it said avocado.

Comment

Thanks for posting! We were in Albuquerque last week as well, and I really liked the green and red adovado we tried. Wanted to try making this but didn’t know what a good recipe would be.

Comment

We just ordered a bunch of 505 hatch Chiles... definitely that time of year and the best stuffed pepper you make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think America’s Test Kitchen has really excellent recipes.

They really go through all the variables until they get it exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
              I think America’s Test Kitchen has really excellent recipes.

They really go through all the variables until they get it exactly right.
              I record it every week. Lots of good information. I have tried a few of their dish`s and they have been great.

Comment

I love driving thru N.M. in Sept and Oct. Every town smells like roasting chilis. Your dish looks good. Thanks to your post, we’re having it today for dinner.
                Last edited by rbsears; 10-13-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
                  I love driving thru N.M. in Sept and Oct. Every town smells like roasting chilis. Your dish looks good. Thanks to your post, we’re having it today for dinner.
                  Same here... red or green, I’ll take Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    I read it wrong . Thought it said avocado.
                    Same here. I was like where is the Avocado???

Comment

Yummy

Comment

I’m in the process of making this tonight. Got half in the pressure cooker now , rest in the icebox for tomorrow.

Comment

Mine is about done . Waiting for my Spanish rice to finish cooking before I try it . I made my broth a little thinner . Next time I won’t .

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              Mine is about done . Waiting for my Spanish rice to finish cooking before I try it . I made my broth a little thinner . Next time I won’t .
                              How did it turn out ?

Comment

Working...
                              X