Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Doesnt matter. They still don't have to allow e bikes for the hunt.
    You obviously didnt read the order. It states they have to allow ebikes where other types of bikes are allowed. If they dont allow ebikes then they cant allow other bikes.

"b) E-bikes shall be allowed where other types of bicycles are allowed; and
    c) E-bikes shall not be allowed where other types of bicycles are prohibited."

Comment

I rode my bicycle everywhere in the refuge with no problem on past hunts. It is not a hard place to navigate.

Comment

I have never been on this hunt and am looking forward to it. Although it seems like there will just be hunters all over the place and messing everyone else up?? Do 250 people or close to that actually show up?

Comment

It’s public land. Use the people to move the animals to you. I like hunting with lots of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
            I have never been on this hunt and am looking forward to it. Although it seems like there will just be hunters all over the place and messing everyone else up?? Do 250 people or close to that actually show up?
            Yes

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
              The first three days are kinda crazy with the amount of people - after that a lot of guys leave to head back to their feeders/leases (I ran into a couple of guys from SA and they seemed pretty ****** about the place and said they'll never be back haha). I was there last year - I had a blast and will put in going forward - if people want a hunt with high probability I think they should look elsewhere - if you enjoy the area and challenge this is the place.

To get back to the argument - with or without ebikes it'll be a challenging hunt - good luck to us all and let's all be safe. On a side note - I saw some guys hunting out of their popup blinds right off the trails...is that allowed?

Comment

Anyone else staying at Port Isla Inn?

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                  Anyone else staying at Port Isla Inn?
                  I will be.

Comment

When's the first archery hunt? We should probably have different threads for each hunt to keep things more readable.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      When's the first archery hunt? We should probably have different threads for each hunt to keep things more readable.
                      1st archery is 10/25-29

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        You’ll care when your first at the gate in the morning, get on your bike, ride a few miles. Then get passed right before your destination by somebody on one that would NEVER be back there if they weren’t on a e bike, and got to the gate after you.
                        There were already rules in place for people with disabilities. So there is no need to allow them.
                        And the “spread out the pressure” argument is weak. All it will do is cause pressure everywhere and push animals completely off the refuge.
                        This exact thing happened to us. That's when I decided to get one. If you cant beat em join em!

Comment

Is Buena Vista Blvd open? Construction stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                            Is Buena Vista Blvd open? Construction stopped?
                            I think the contractor is gonna retire on that project

Comment

I'll see you guys out there! I'll be on a green Fat tire e-bike!!! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot92 View Post
                                I'll see you guys out there! I'll be on a green Fat tire e-bike!!! Good luck!
                                What dates? Mine is black with red rims.

Comment

Working...
                                X