Javelina Hunt James Daughtrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javelina Hunt James Daughtrey

So my son got drawn for this hunt in February. Any knowledge of this place as far as Javelina goes? Trying to decide if it’s worth the drive for a Saturday and Sunday hunt from north of Dallas. Don’t even get to hunt Saturday morning so really only 2 sits for us.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drew the hog hunt 2 yrs ago and selected comp #3 due to having a pond with a little bit of water. I didn’t have a ton of hogs, but I literally couldn’t keep the dozens and dozens of Javi’s away from the corn. I put up a temp feeder hanging from a tree along with a camera on Saturday at about 2pm. By 3:15 the entire area was covered with Javis. Hogs were only coming in at night though.

Comment

It was worth it when you put In for the hunt.

Comment

I would say you owe it to all the people who applied for that hunt to go. If you have doubts on whether you would go on a hunt or not if drawn, dont apply and allow those who would love to go a better chance of drawing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My son and daughter were drawn for the Youth Javelina hunt there a few years ago. We drove down Saturday morning, went through the orientation, went out an fed in our compartment. Saw lots of game. My son shot a javelina and my daughter got a hog. We drove back home the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by samhuntstexas View Post
            I would say you owe it to all the people who applied for that hunt to go. If you have doubts on whether you would go on a hunt or not if drawn, dont apply and allow those who would love to go a better chance of drawing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Put out alot of corn and the javelina will find you! Once they do, they are east to stalk. Take a rabbit in distress call. After you shoot, blow that call and they will come right back for more.

Comment

Curious, where is this place at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by samhuntstexas View Post
                  Exactly. Smdh

Comment

Working...
                  X