No announcement yet.

2019 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been hunting in push county for 3 years now in the mountains in snow Oklahoma. This year started out okay and now went way down hill the last 4 to 5 weeks I was wondering if anyone have been experiencing the same thing... and antlersboy can you personal message me have a few questions I want to ask you thanks
    Last edited by Kwayne2822; 12-04-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Kwayne majority of us haven’t seen deer activity since the second week of November.
      I’m wishful their patterns will change this week. Does have been chased and are likely holding tight in thick cover and the bucks close by. Once breeding is over the bucks should be on acorns as AntlersBoy had mentioned.
      Based on the previous sessions, late December and January you can count on them coming back to corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
        Kwayne majority of us haven’t seen deer activity since the second week of November.
        I’m wishful their patterns will change this week. Does have been chased and are likely holding tight in thick cover and the bucks close by. Once breeding is over the bucks should be on acorns as AntlersBoy had mentioned.
        Based on the previous sessions, late December and January you can count on them coming back to corn.

It seems like the deer were more active at corn this past weekend. Better than the previous month anyways. So, I’d imagine it should only get better this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah hope they don’t drop there horns before the middle of December like last year

Comment

Do anyone hunt near snow Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by Kwayne2822 View Post
              Do anyone hunt near snow Oklahoma
              I hunted snow for 2 years, some of the best hunting I had ever had. We are just south of Clayton now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a lot of questions for you then about the place here my number 4693373989 if you don’t mind text or call me if you have a chance be really appreciated

Comment

Well been in stand for last week, movement has sucked to say the least. Thought I’d check in and see how everyone else was doing. Looks like you guys been getting the same kick in the balls. Someone asked about snow I have several hundred acres a little west of snow, don’t spend much time up there, tough hunting but pretty good genetics.

Comment

I was thinking of going this weekend but it will be warm and may not be many deer moving...

Comment

The bucks are moving pretty good last weekend seen some big bucks that I had on camera from the beginning of the year. Got my 10 point I been chasing for 2 years

Comment

I'm headed up Friday - Sunday for one last hunt before Christmas. I was reading on another forum that the yearling does may come in to heat around this time of year for their first time. Guys are saying the bucks will be chasing them as well as any does that were not bread yet. Anyone ever hear of the yearling thing? I have a cell camera locally and two bucks were fighting on it at 0400 this morning just after a doe ran through......I've had more quality buck pics than years past but have experienced the same kick in the nuts as Antlers Boy when it comes to seeing them on the hoof. I've probably sat for close to 100 hours in various trees and several squirrels have accepted me as kin.

Comment

Ya the yearling/missed does is good hunting. The massive acorn drop hurts a little but in years past little chum piles are great this time of year. Does are smart enough during rut to stay away from major feed spots. Yearlings don’t care they just keep bringing a buck past you over and over.

Comment

Are the acorns all done yet? last time I didn't see any falling, but haven't been up in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                              Are the acorns all done yet? last time I didn't see any falling, but haven't been up in a while.

I’m still seeing them. They look viable on the inside for the deer to eat to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good portion of acorns on ground are still good. If you have good river bottom land with target deer on them than good to go. If your like me a most target deer are on pine plantation leases than not so good. Could be a race against horn drop this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X