Christmas Gift Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Gift Idea

My wife and I are clueless on what to get her father for Christmas. He is a 78 yr old retired electrical engineer who has worked for Raytheon and NASA. The man is literally a walking encyclopedia and will give you a 30 minute answer for a yes or no question. Still drives and gets around real good but we have no clue on what to get him. In the past it was easy because he lived out of state and we would send him a gift card but he has recently moved in with us and is funding our shop/barndo build so he will have a place to live other than in our spare bedroom and we would like to do something better than a gift card.
    Thanks in advanced.

Edit : he doesn't hunt and is not an outdoors person

Black Rifle coffee

Comment

Big man recliner!

Comment

Subscription to a magazine or news paper he likes, maybe a digital version and buy an ipad.

Comment

He the right age that he might like a set of old time radio shows (Lone Ranger, etc.). My dad loves them. If a sports fan, there are some good nostalgic baseball broadcasts, interviews/games, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
            He the right age that he might like a set of old time radio shows (Lone Ranger, etc.). My dad loves them. If a sports fan, there are some good nostalgic baseball broadcasts, interviews/games, etc.
            He likes baseball, that is a good idea.
            I also just remembered he is into HAM radio, any one on here into that and might have ideas related to HAM radios?

Comment

Small but fun. I am wearing mine now.

Comment

if he's into baseball, get him the Ken Burns documentary on Baseball. Its awesome, just like all his documentaries.

Comment

what are your ideas for the wives out there? need some new ideas other than jewelry, vaccums, new pots and pans...

seriously though, i cant think of anything to get her this year, all she says she wants are NEW GRANITE COUNTERTOPS!

Comment

A nice bottle of whiskey is easy, and you can spend as much or as little as you want.

Comment

Gift card to here:

Ham Radio Outlet Plano, TX. Find the Ham Radio Outlet nearest you. We have 12 stores across the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        Small but fun. I am wearing mine now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                        Good grief, those are ugly

Comment

Working...
                        X