Trump Signs Animal Cruelty Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Yep the fact that animal cruelty is a state felony let alone a federal one is ludicrous to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Why is animal cruelty being a serious crime ludicrous to you? Just wanting to get your perspective. When I see someone being cruel to a dog, I’d love to be able to just beat them to the point of life altering injuries......but that’s against the law so......

Comment

“Slippery slope” if applied to everything, would result in a lawless country. I’m all about defending our rights but at some point we also have to be good stewards of a lot of things. That may include protecting the indefensible against ill intioning folk.

Comment

And then this happens, stupid kids. This crap is the reason laws are enacted, why on earth would any one not think the government would not step in. Now PETA is using the video to grow its base.

Comment

I posted on this in the Politics forum a while back before it even hit Trump's desk.

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          This is not about hunting. It is not about killing a feral cat. It is about freaks. Nut cases. People that get their jollys on the cruelty to animals. No not PETA definition.

Search the web for crush videos. You will be a changed man. Warning some things cant be unseen.

For example : https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...os-6833505.php
          Actually, killing a feral cat in Texas would fall under this law.

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
          Maybe we'll all get lucky like they did in California, just deputize the humane society so they don't put an undue burden on the LE agencies in place!
          I heard once that they did this in NY and that the humane society had more authority than the game wardens there. IDK if that's true but if so, it blows my mind.

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          This is one ...and yes, right here in texas

Investigators said Justice filmed a scantily clad Richards, sometimes masked, stabbing animals - including a puppy, a kitten and a chicken - as well as chopping off their limbs and urinating on them while making sexual comments to the camera.

Crush videos are part of a fetish culture in which small animals, like puppies and kittens, are tortured or killed for the sexual gratification of observers. Videos of the acts, usually shown online, have been marketed as rituals or sacrifices.

Richards was convicted in 2014 on state charges and sentenced to 10 years in prison. Last year, she pleaded guilty in federal court to four counts of creating animal crush videos and one film distribution charge under the Animal Crush Video Prohibition Act of 2010.

In one of the videos seized by authorities, Richards punctured a cat's eye with a shoe heel. In other videos, she used a meat cleaver and other knives to maim animals.

The videos were produced in Houston from 2010 to 2012.
          It sounds to me like they already have a law prohibiting this which would mean that passing this new law was pointless unless you think the federal government is not big enough and the states don't have enough sense to govern themselves.

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          This is an attack on states' rights.
          That's the real issue here. I am so disappointed in the Republican senators for letting this fly. That Trump signed it doesn't surprise me as he's a New Yorker who was a democrat most his life. But WTH is wrong with the rest of the party?

Comment

Would probably be a felony here:

Footage of a bear inscribed with "T-34" - the name of an iconic Soviet tank - is shared in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
              Why is animal cruelty being a serious crime ludicrous to you? Just wanting to get your perspective. When I see someone being cruel to a dog, I’d love to be able to just beat them to the point of life altering injuries......but that’s against the law so......

My opinion on this isn’t popular here but I don’t place the value of an animal at or above a human.

Comment

Lotta sick folks out there - glad to see this. Not at all concerned about hunting and or fishing rights one bit. This isn't what this law is targeting.

Comment

My opinion on this isn’t popular here but I don’t place the value of an animal at or above a human.

Your flirting with disaster

Comment

Yep the fact that animal cruelty is a state felony let alone a federal one is ludicrous to me.

If someone burned my handicapped sisters dog, in front of her as pain and punishment from some sick SOB, you bet I want the Feds to charge the corpse's family......after I kill that SOB personally.

Quit being self centric.....some folks, their pets and animals, are all they have.

Take a Combat Vet, suffering extensive PTSD, and whack his therapy Animal in front of his eyes.............you ain't connecting the dots Mike and it's apparent, you NEVER SERVED IN COMBAT!

Animals and humans, some species, are inseperable and highly connected, to deal with crap the normal 9-5 Crowd will never ever experience.

No one put animals above humans here, and you missed the absolute basis of this entire law. The reality of what these creatures provide humans, has been pinned inseparable, is well beyond written history.

Had it not been the bond between man and beast, with man depending on beast to serve in mankind servitude......in so many various regions and species around the world today, may and probably wouldn't be anywhere near as dialed in without these working companions.

Love......Absolute Love - has no measure and it's connection, isn't specific to any set rule set.

Judging those who love beyond your measure - shame on YOU!

Roger OUT!
                    Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-04-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I agree but I don't think cruelty is tolerable even if it is just an animal. I don't slowly kill a rat just because it is considered a pest. I don't poke the eyes out of a cockroach just because it's a bug.
                      God gave us dominion over the beasts of the earth. With that come some responsibility as well.

Gary

Comment

I agree. Killing an unborn child is perfectly legal though.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I agree but I don't think cruelty is tolerable even if it is just an animal. I don't slowly kill a rat just because it is considered a pest. I don't poke the eyes out of a cockroach just because it's a bug.
                          God gave us dominion over the beasts of the earth. With that come some responsibility as well.

Gary
                          I am against animal cruelty but I take offense to the suggestion that Texans don't have enough sense to create adequate laws to prevent/punish these offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            Because for one thing "cruelty " can be painted with a very broad brush.
                            For example using shock collars for training dogs. I've heard many people rant about that being cruel.
                            For another a felony is something that sticks to the wall.
                            Do something stupid when you're young, and do your time. But for the rest of your life you cannot vote or own a gun. So when your dog chews up your $300 snake boots, you whoop him with it to educate him, your neighbor sees it through the fence and phone videos it suddenly you're put on the same plain with baby rapers and old lady killers.
                            That's just ludicrous.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              If someone burned my handicapped sisters dog, in front of her as pain and punishment from some sick SOB, you bet I want the Feds to charge the corpse's family......after I kill that SOB personally.

Quit being self centric.....some folks, their pets and animals, are all they have.

Take a Combat Vet, suffering extensive PTSD, and whack his therapy Animal in front of his eyes.............you ain't connecting the dots Mike and it's apparent, you NEVER SERVED IN COMBAT!

Animals and humans, some species, are inseperable and highly connected, to deal with crap the normal 9-5 Crowd will never ever experience.

No one put animals above humans here, and you missed the absolute basis of this entire law. The reality of what these creatures provide humans, has been pinned inseparable, is well beyond written history.

Had it not been the bond between man and beast, with man depending on beast to serve in mankind servitude......in so many various regions and species around the world today, may and probably wouldn't be anywhere near as dialed in without these working companions.

Love......Absolute Love - has no measure and it's connection, isn't specific to any set rule set.

Judging those who love beyond your measure - shame on YOU!

Roger OUT!

Nope I have never served in any capacity. That fact nor your rant changes my mind either.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                                I am against animal cruelty but I take offense to the suggestion that Texans don't have enough sense to create adequate laws to prevent/punish these offenses.
                                Agree 100% but we lost our battle against an over reaching federal government a long time ago. Nothing short of a purge of politicians will change that.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X