Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5-300 Wby

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    You’re not a fan of barrel life are you?

Barrel life is overrated. [emoji3]

If I were to build one I sure wouldn’t be slinging 130 class bullets out of it.

What a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Like the idea of sending a high BC 6.5 at MACH FREEDOM-- but- APR just finished my fast twist .257wby for 131gr @ 3400 so that will fill that niche just fine and I haven't had issues with accuracy or consistency with that cartridge- plenty of data to go around.

As for explosive bullets-- from a Creed (6.5) it isn't pushing anything fast enough to explode on impact, especially in the 130-147 range.

Comment

Got mine in and love it, one thing i did not expect is the dang recoil. I am not recoil shy by any means, but after 9 rounds i was hurting. Kinda wish id have gotten one with a brake now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          I think there's another "target audience" for this round that many are not considering.

IMO-This, the 26 and others like it are ideal for that guy who wants the ability to shoot out to say 400 yards with little to no compensation for wind or elevation. Sight it in 2.5 inches high at 100, you're dead on at 250 and 11 inches low at 400. That's an estimate shooting a 130 at 3400 fps.
          Couldnt have said it better myself. I had APR build me a 26 nosler. I was loading 140gr accubonds and they averaged 3586fps. Zero at 100 and 18" low at 500 yards. Loved the gun and fun to shoot, Just wasnt practical to use around here and how I hunt. It was a heck of a gun out west chasing speed goat's or mule deer. I feel the 6.5-300 is the same as the 26 nosler, they have their place in this world just not around here for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

6.5-300 Wby

My uncle gave me his 6.5-300 Mark V Ultralight TI put some rounds through and get the ballistic turret on his Swarovski X5 set. This was my first time shooting it and I was not impressed. It shot exactly 1 MOA at 200 yds with both factory loaded 127 LRX and 130 Sciroccos. I just felt that for that kinda $$$ it would shoot a little better than that especially for what it is designed to do caliber wise. We may just get some dies and do some 140g Accubond loads and see if improves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess it doesn't matter much if you use it just for hunting, but what would the round count be for barrel life? That's pretty overbored IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                I guess it doesn't matter much if you use it just for hunting, but what would the round count be for barrel life? That's pretty overbored IMO.
                id guess 800-1000 maybe less? But like you said, its a hunting rifle for me so that don't matter much. Gun will prolly see 100 rounds in 10 years lol

Comment

I have one and I love it. I shoot the 140 grain Weatherby soft points and they are 40 dollars a box. I went elk hunting and it took like 4 steps. I have the Stainless Weatherby Accuguard.

Comment

Working...
                  X