Raise your hand if you've ever left your gun at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raise your hand if you've ever left your gun at home

Well, it finally happened to me today. Was running around trying to get me and my oldest daughter out the door in time to get a list of things done at our land before sitting in the blind this afternoon.
    Got everything accomplished I needed to and headed back to camp on the side by side when it hit me....I left the guns at home. Not only just left them, didn't even get them out of the safe. Well, looks like we will be shooting deer with our camera. Luckily have some other guys coming out tomorrow that can bring a shotgun for duck hunting.

Brother, been there. I have left my treestand at home and left my bow one time.

That's when I decided to make a list and check it everytime I go hunting.

Comment

Ouch.

Can’t say that I’ve ever done that but I have left my release in my truck which was parked about a quarter mile away and had to walk back through a monsoon to get it (opening day 2018).

Probably should have just called it and went back to bed.

Comment

I did leave my release one time, now I keep a spare in my bag

Comment

Been there! Left my arrows at the house which was 90 miles away.

Comment

I haven't but my BIL did. Fortunately I always have a spare.

Comment

Not my gun but the trigger lock keys

Comment

Wouldn't affect me. I bow hunt. That's why I'm on Texas Bowhunter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did once. Remembered about 2 hours from the lease and stopped at a pawn shop and picked up a 30-30. It became my Christmas present from the wife

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

You could forget release arrows or quiver. You never know. I forgot to pack my wife’s ammo this weekend. Whoops. Made it trip into Rocksprings to buy some. Next trip I’m leaving an ammo box with a few of all calibers we shoot at the cabin.

Comment

I forgot arrows once. Was in the pop-up with daughter who was around 9 years old. A big doe walks out and she says "Shoot it!" That's when I figured it out LOL She wasn't happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Is just part of getting old or is the grumpiness a result of a poor football season?

Comment

I left my bow one time.
                          I bet you remembered your ice chest full of beer.

Comment

I have done it a couple of times. Now I just leave it at the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I leave my gun every time.

I did leave my release once this season. I hunted without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X