Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    Not suppose to be there... at a public school, going to school. Got it.

Again it’s still a projection because little Johnny got beat out. But it’s ok because Mommy and Daddy made sure he didn’t have to man up and work harder. What’s next mommy and daddy going to take his SAT, write his resume, do his job interview for him. Disqualify his peers for promotions...

You and I obviously have a different view on how one succeeds in the game of life. There is No such thing as a ringer, just out worked. End of the day they got out worked, and their parents fixed it for them on technicalities. Pathetic coddling

Ringer lol,

Fact it’s a former players nephews makes it more alright in my option, he obviously thinks Briles is the correct mentor to those kids, from his first hand experiences. Briles makes more money on interest then he does on salary. He is coaching to coach.

If the kids are so good at outworking everybody else then why’d they leave where they’re truly from to play in little ol Mt. Vernon?

They wanted the attention of being big fish in a little pond and knew that there would be even more attention because of Briles.

Maybe they should’ve just worked harder and stayed where they were?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Apparently... A ringer is a getting a job offer because you beat out the other applications, a ringer is a promotion because you out worked your peers... a ringer is getting A’s because you outstudied your peers, a ringer is getting into college because you out worked your peers academically...

You want to build real men, don’t give them an excuse as to why they got beat...

Ringer.. lol
      That is not even close to what he is saying. Good gracious. You obviously do not understand. The illegal immigrant scenario is a perfect example, but you simply do not want to understand or listen to reason. The 2 transfers did not outwork anybody. They did not get better grades than anybody. They did not get a better job offer than anybody. They were brought in by their uncle, who happened to play under Briles at Baylor. Maybe they got outworked at their school in Colorado and ole Lynx Hawthorne said, "You know what. Let's move to Mount Vernon, Texas. My old college coach is coaching there now and you wont have to worry about playing time or working harder than the mean old RB who is starting ahead of you in Colorado." They were obviously good athletes in the first place or Briles would not have wasted his time with recruiting them from COLORADO to MOUNT VERNON, TEXAS. Do you think he is going to recruit athletes that run a 5.6 forty yard dash and are 5'3" and 243 lbs? Answer me this. Why didnt they transfer to Katy, DeSoto, Duncanville, Lake Travis, Westlake, or Southlake Carroll? Because they knew that those coaches at those schools would not allow them to play. Those coaches knew it would cost the team and the kids that have been there for a while. Those coaches were not going to put their reputation on the line for a couple of wins. They also knew that they could not employ Lynx Hawthorne and if they did, they would get in trouble with the UIL. Those kids knew that Briles would have no problem with them playing and that he would look right past all of the rules that they broke when they moved to Mount Vernon to PLAY SPORTS, not to attend school. Briles knew all of this, yet he does not care. He thinks he is above the rules. He tried to slide them in under the rug, yet got caught. This is exactly why there is a DEC and a UIL SEC. To catch this cheating.

You also dont know how the UIL and high school athletics works.
      Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-23-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        If the kids are so good at outworking everybody else then why’d they leave where they’re truly from to play in little ol Mt. Vernon?

They wanted the attention of being big fish in a little pond and knew that there would be even more attention because of Briles.

Maybe they should’ve just worked harder and stayed where they were?

Already addressed that in my last paragraph... I specifically look At this as more of a mentored/development mind set then the ringer to win, because of the first hand experience of the former player.

If you are good, you will be found, it’s s always been that way. Scouts don’t look at win lose records, just parents. They look for two types, athletically gifted, and those with an unprecedented will to win, on rare occasion they both.

Comment

Already addressed that in my last paragraph... I specifically look At this as more of a mentored/development mind set then the ringer to win, because of the first hand experience of the former player.

If you are good, you will be found, it’s s always been that way. Scouts don’t look at win lose records, just parents. They look for two types, athletically gifted, and those with an unprecedented will to win, on rare occasion they both.

No. You keep blaming the parents for calling the UIL because you think they outworked the kids who’ve been there all along.

Your words. Not mine.

Make up your mind.

Comment

There is No such thing as a ringer, just out worked.
            I guess you are all for trannies playing girl sports too then?

I was just applying this my own personal senior year of high school football. Which was candidly one of my favorite periods in my life. From the summer conditioning, to 2 adays, to practices, chalk talk, pep rally's games and even Monday purification days.

These kids worked their entire high school careers, freshmen football, JV, then varsity. Then a new coach comes in and wants to change the offense to a spread, but doesn't have the personal, so he gets creative and brings in kids that turn out to not be eligible.

Briles ruined the entire football teams experience, for what 6 wins. What do you think the morale on the team is now, the pep rallys, the coaching staff, the small TX town in general? How long will it take to fix, or how many wins will it take to fix this mess?

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
              It wasn't so much the kids as it was the Uncle who was coaching at Mt Vernon without being on the payroll. That's a nono per uil. Briles was publicly reprimanded for it. The Uncle made the tie between briles and the kids and proved to the Dec and sec that the kids moved for athletic purposes. They claimed in the first meeting that they knew nothing about briles coming to my Vernon to coach. Then everyone found out their family member(Hawthorne) had been under briles for years..that got em
              I glad someone explained what happen all I had heard was rumors from the Briles lovers and rumors from the Briles haters.

I agree with Dale I'm shocked this happen!
              Last edited by Killer; 10-23-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                That is not even close to what he is saying. Good gracious. You obviously do not understand. The illegal immigrant scenario is a perfect example, but you simply do not want to understand or listen to reason. The 2 transfers did not outwork anybody. They did not get better grades than anybody. They did not get a better job offer than anybody. They were brought in by their uncle, who happened to play under Briles at Baylor. Maybe they got outworked at their school in Colorado and ole Lynx Hawthorne said, "You know what. Let's move to Mount Vernon, Texas. My old college coach is coaching there now and you wont have to worry about playing time or working harder than the mean old RB who is starting ahead of you in Colorado." They were obviously good athletes in the first place or Briles would not have wasted his time with recruiting them from COLORADO to MOUNT VERNON, TEXAS. Do you think he is going to recruit athletes that run a 5.6 forty yard dash and are 5'3" and 243 lbs?

You also dont know how the UIL and high school athletics works.
                Has nothing to do with how UIL and high schooled athletics works. Had to do with kids against kids on a field, a mentality and upbringing. They got beat, and here come the excuses. UIL ruling is specifically different then what I’m stating.

I didn’t know playing time or starting positions where gifted according to grade ranking...
                You completely just contradicted your self on why they are there.. lol

End of day two kids got beat out and their parents fixed it for them. Nothing more nothing less.

They got beat out for a starting position. Unless briles got paid to start two less “deserving” kids over the others they got beat out, regardless who they got beat by

Comment

At least he's not covering up rapes........maybe.

Comment

Has nothing to do with how UIL and high schooled athletics works. Had to do with kids against kids on a field, a mentality and upbringing. They got beat, and here come the excuses. UIL ruling is specifically different then what I’m stating.

I didn’t know playing time or starting positions where gifted according to grade ranking...
                    You completely just contradicted your self on why they are there.. lol

End of day two kids got beat out and their parents fixed it for them. Nothing more nothing less.

They got beat out for a starting position. Unless briles got paid to start two less “deserving” kids over the others they got beat out, regardless who they got beat by
                    WOW. Just WOW! You are right. Those two transfers got beat out and OUTWORKED in Colorado, so their uncle, Lynx Hawthorne, fixed it for them and moved them to Mount Vernon.

Comment

WOW. Just WOW! You are right. Those two transfers got beat out and OUTWORKED in Colorado, so their uncle, Lynx Hawthorne, fixed it for them and moved them to Mount Vernon.

No man. He already talked about that earlier. That didn’t happen. That has nothing to do with it.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]smh

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        I guess you are all for trannies playing girl sports too then?

I was just applying this my own personal senior year of high school football. Which was candidly one of my favorite periods in my life. From the summer conditioning, to 2 adays, to practices, chalk talk, pep rally's games and even Monday purification days.

These kids worked their entire high school careers, freshmen football, JV, then varsity. Then a new coach comes in and wants to change the offense to a spread, but doesn't have the personal, so he gets creative and brings in kids that turn out to not be eligible.

Briles ruined the entire football teams experience, for what 6 wins. What do you think the morale on the team is now, the pep rallys, the coaching staff, the small TX town in general? How long will it take to fix, or how many wins will it take to fix this mess?
                        Red herrings. transgender is same as anabolic steroid use. You are outside normal hormone levels in competition, that’s out ”hormoning/substituting”, not out working

I’m not justifying Briles decision to allow them to play, although I think it’s for completely different reasons then to solely win as is being portrayed.... I think it’s someone with first hand experience, wanting a better mentor for athletically gifted kids. Could be also a better/safer place for those kids then where they came from. But none of my thoughts a relevant, on why, UIL ruled.

My point is two kids beat out two other kids and people are projecting at briles, instead of looking at the real cause.

Bluechips(ringers) lose starting spots in college to lessor athletes that simply out work them day in day out, all the time, those athletes didn’t make excuses and won’t later on in life.
                        Simply my perspective of why we have athletics to begin with. I’ve watched 1-8 teams send numerous kids to D1 schools. Wins are nice but they don’t define the individual, they define the teams ability to achieve as a collective whole.

Comment

Not suppose to be there... at a public school, going to school. Got it.

Again it’s still a projection because little Johnny got beat out. But it’s ok because Mommy and Daddy made sure he didn’t have to man up and work harder. What’s next mommy and daddy going to take his SAT, write his resume, do his job interview for him. Disqualify his peers for promotions...

You and I obviously have a different view on how one succeeds in the game of life. There is No such thing as a ringer, just out worked. End of the day they got out worked, and their parents fixed it for them on technicalities. Pathetic coddling

Ringer lol,

Fact it’s a former players nephews makes it more alright in my option, he obviously thinks Briles is the correct mentor to those kids, from his first hand experiences. Briles makes more money on interest then he does on salary. He is coaching to coach.
                          There is such a thing as a ringer. If I show up at the local cc for the weekly tourney with Tiger Woods as my partner, he'd be a ringer.

I agree with you on the value of working hard but kids also have to learn that working hard does not always guarantee success. For example: I played D2 football, worked real hard, started as a freshman and thought I was pretty good until we played A&I and I lined up across from John Randle (he wasn't a ringer just a man among some little boys). No amount of hard work on my part was going to allow me to consistently block him. I could definitely get better than I was but I was not going to be better than him, ever. He taught me without trying that we can't win every battle and sometimes people are more talented than we are and we lose a battle. Get up, move on, and recognize life is a war full of many battles and we're going to lose some and that's alright.

I also get what you are saying about parents coddling kids and agree, I have witnessed it myself countless times and have worked real hard to not do it with my kids. Parents don't want their kids to lose and they try their best to provide a safety net. Not how we personally raised any of ours. Our youngest is a senior and a good player. Tore his ACL week 5, hs career is over and he does not want to play collegiately (actually didn't want to play in college even before the injury). He's a team captain and still supports his team but he's already moved on to life after football in his head. I'm very proud of the way he supports his team and also how he has moved on, he's proving to be pretty resilient and our hope in raising him and his siblings was that we could help them to develop some resiliency.

Sorry for long and off topic read, haven't been in the office in a while and kinda therapeutic for me...my kid has moved on from hs football but I haven't completely I hate not getting to see him play his senior year, hopefully I'll develop some resiliency myself.
                          Last edited by rvd; 10-23-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

My point is two kids beat out two other kids and people are projecting at briles, instead of looking at the real cause.
                            Everyone sees your point. You've said it many many times now.

It is just wrong

Comment

End of the day they got out worked, and their parents fixed it for them on technicalities. Pathetic coddling.
                              Nope. Not. At all.

The offensive scheme changed. Because of Briles. He brought in new kids that were better used in his passing game and kicked the kids from the community that had worked hard, and were eligible, to the curb. Thats is a crappy thing to do to 18 year old kids.

a significant change from a mostly option-running team to the pass-intensive schemes Briles has used for so long

Comment

Wow just Wow. Lol little over the top but ok....... you have zero idea of the motives and still contradict your self.... outworked but still recruited?

Every thought Mt Vernon was better situation/environment for them? Doesn’t matter at this point, and if it is a better environment/situation good for those kids!!

At this point doesn’t matter people still going to make excuses and coddle and project about ringers.. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X