No announcement yet.

What caliber for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've given up on semi-autos for hunting because they are less accurate than really good bolt guns, but at least with 7.62x39 you'd have the improved power downrange and it would be cheap to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
      I've given up on semi-autos for hunting because they are less accurate than really good bolt guns, but at least with 7.62x39 you'd have the improved power downrange and it would be cheap to shoot.
      Not true these days. Quality barrel and you'll be shooting .3 MOA or better...

Comment

The 6mm grendel has my full attention. Thinking I will have to go for it.

Comment

Any have the PSA 12" 6.5 grendel upper? All this talk is getting me interested in the 6.5. Seems to be a good price considering it comes with BCG.
          https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449008.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jaq View Post
            Any have the PSA 12" 6.5 grendel upper? All this talk is getting me interested in the 6.5. Seems to be a good price considering it comes with BCG.
            https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449008.html
            I have it. Shoots 1 MOA with hunting ammo and 1.5 MOA with cheap wolf. It does the job and has killed a bunch of hogs.

Comment

I'm building a Grendel as well. I think I landed on Grendelhunter.com upper. Stainless fluted upper.

Comment

For those of you shopping for grendels give this website a hard look https://atherisrifle.com/. I have one of his rifles and an upper and I am always blown away by the quality for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                  I've given up on semi-autos for hunting because they are less accurate than really good bolt guns

Comment

I'll shoot deer with the sbr 300bo & works just fine...we have one guy on our lease who only hunts with his 6.8 AR & brings in animals at surprising distances. I would be happy with either the 6.5 or 6.8 if it was dedicated whitetail / pig platform. I would keep bbl length at the min 16" myself

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      .458 socom, because I want one

The 6.5creedmoor is an ar10 round

Everyone needs a .458. Nothing makes a pig squeal when it gets smacked with one of these. Not a good all around cartridge though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        Probably built a gun with a bear creek or similar crap barrel and was mad when he didn't get micro MOA results.

Comment

Originally posted by caa4612 View Post
                          Everyone needs a .458. Nothing makes a pig squeal when it gets smacked with one of these. Not a good all around cartridge though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          I've wanted one ever since that insanely stupid show "Future Weapons" showed them pounding an engine block with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                            Creed I say is a much better all around round than a Grendel. Who cares about what he has now if he builds it and it’s not what he wants ? Better to sell off the parts now before sinking big money into a finished product that imho can’t compete with a creed.

I’d sell off the parts and go Creed all day long and twice on Sunday. Creedmore is insane what it can accomplish. Might be my favorite round in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Agreed that the Creed is a better all around caliber over the Grendel. However is will be more expensive gun and bigger/heavier. I have one of each and I find myself using the Grendel more, mainly because i hunt in pretty thick cedar country so i need a low recoil for a quick follow up shot on hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                              Agreed that the Creed is a better all around caliber over the Grendel. However is will be more expensive gun and bigger/heavier. I have one of each and I find myself using the Grendel more, mainly because i hunt in pretty thick cedar country so i need a low recoil for a quick follow up shot on hogs.
                              why choose one when you can have both? that's what i did as well. but, i'm like you in that i reach for the G more often than the C. i've yet to feel undergunned with the 6.5G.

Comment

6.5 Grendel does just fine for hogs. Havnt had one take a step in awhile on my thermal gun. Best around for an AR15 platform.

Comment

Working...
                                X