Business owners/operators ? on merchant processing fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business owners/operators ? on merchant processing fees

Just curious on what y'all are paying on merchant processing fees. I'm talking the bottom line % of settled amount. I have processing fees (1.82%-3.48%) but then I get charged surcharges and other fees which makes my overall percentage much higher than just the processing fee percentage. Bottom line percentage of what was settled and what the fees were is closer to 4.9%. Has anyone started charging the customers a processing fee to help cover the cost? I believe Texas changed the law last year and businesses are now allowed to add a surcharge if the customer is paying with a credit card. I'm in the process of negotiating a better deal with my merchant processor. I know I can raise my prices to help cover the cost but if I raise them I risk losing too much business.

Where have you seen that a sur charge can be charged it Texas? I was under the impression that you still could not in Texas?

Comment

For this Black Friday, I have terrible news for anyone who pays for anything with a credit card.Until now, if a Texas merchant tried to charge you...

Comment

Working...
      X