More durable tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More durable tab?

I've been buying the calf hair tabs (split) from 3 Rivers and like them well enough but the bottom knocking point wears them out in a hurry. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th one over the last two years and have worn out a new one just in the last 30 days. I hit my yearly target for recruiting and have had ample free time to shoot again.

Recommendations on a durable tab? Custom?

Thank you and as always happy hunting.

Richard.

Look at Rick’s tabs.

Comment

Rick Barbeeā€™s tabs, Bateman Cordovan Tab, Saunders Pak Tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered one of Ricks tabs, and it seems very durable. I normally make my own, but sourcing good leather can be a bit tricky.

I'm very particular about tab thickness, width, and string feel (not that it helps me shoot any better). I am never happy with tabs if I didn't make them myself. And half the ones I make for myself end up scrapped!

Comment

The Tradgeeks tabs are pretty slick, I have heard good stuff about Rick Barbees tabs too. Both are small companies but Rick is a TBH brother so I'd send him some cash if I were in the market!

Comment

Bateman cordovan last forever. Ricks tabs get great reviews too, I figure either one one those will do you fine

Comment

Are you using a metal knocking point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm using tied on knocking points. Like the look of the tabs Rick is making and am planning on getting one once I decide on which to buy. Really like that Bird Finger one.

Thanks folks!

Richard

Comment

Yeah my next tab will probably be Rick's tab. Currently shooting a black widow tab

Comment

Liking my tab from Rick. Never used a tab before, but his works well for me.

Comment

Ricks or Bateman’s

Comment

Rick's tabs will make you a believer.

Comment

Cordovan seems to last forever.

Made a Cordovan SAM tab 20 years ago..............still slinging arrows with it.

K.C. at Traditions Leathercraft has them if you're interested in a SAM tab.

Comment

I just got a SAM tab. Very sqeaky

Gary

Comment

Just submitted my order to Rick for my Bird Finger tab. Thank you all for pointing me in his direction.

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X