Shipping Frozen Meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Frozen Meat

I need to ship some frozen sausage and ground meat to a friend out of state. Can you tell me the best shipping company and how to package it. Thanks in advance

I’ve packaged in a I’ve chest with dry ice and shipped it ups.

Comment

If you order something frozen, it comes in a thick foam ice chest with dry ice. It's taped shut. Pretty sure what I have gotten came through UPS

Comment

Wait till winter...

Comment

First over night gets it there by 9am tomorrow.

It is pricey..............

Comment

Make sure all product is frozen solid, add 2 freezer packs, and ship in a Styrofoam cooler surrounded by a box; be sure the box is sealed tight. Add paper, or noodles to take up the open air space in the container, that is the key when shipping, that dead air space is what you are fighting. This is the way we ship product all over the US. Good for 2 days in the summer, 3-4 days in the winter. I'd use UPS or Fedex so you have a tracking number. Don't tell them it's meat, or they might need some more information. There are some rules and regulation against shipped meat across state lines not inspected by USDA; I'm not sure about game meat.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
              Wait till winter...
              Very true, when I came home from Alaska , every thing was almost thawed from
              The Texas heat sent by airfreight by our airline
              UPS in a styrofoam box and dry ice , but expensive as heck

Comment

I have had it shipped back to me after a hunt. We used dry ice and UPS.

Comment

Working...
                X