Too many TC pics...computer locks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many TC pics...computer locks up

I went too long in between TC checks and I have 10,000 pics that I can't view because it locks up my computer.
    Has anyone done this and has a solution?

I bet you're storage is almost full on your computer. I damaged my Mac by letting it get too full.

Comment

I dont see how a external drive that is full would lock up pc. Maybe try deleting the first 3000 pics.

Comment

Look at them on the card, delete all you can there before you download to your computer. Cleanup your computer by deleting temp files and cache.

Comment

Get a card reader for your cell phone. It will allow you to view the cards without downloading them. Then you save the photos you want to your phone. Much easier then using your computer. Academy and Walmart have them.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            I bet you're storage is almost full on your computer. I damaged my Mac by letting it get too full.
            Nope. Tried it on my son's super nerd gaming computer with 2TB of storage and nada.

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
            I dont see how a external drive that is full would lock up pc. Maybe try deleting the first 3000 pics.
            Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            Look at them on the card, delete all you can there before you download to your computer. Cleanup your computer by deleting temp files and cache.
            I can't even get it to load in order to save them.

Originally posted by whiteoak View Post
            Get a card reader for your cell phone. It will allow you to view the cards without downloading them. Then you save the photos you want to your phone. Much easier then using your computer. Academy and Walmart have them.
            I have a stealth cam reader but I can't find an app to run it properly.

Comment

Can you view the pics on a camera? Delete some from there? Sounds like it might be a card issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                Can you view the pics on a camera? Delete some from there? Sounds like it might be a card issue.
                Good idea. I have a DSLR at home and I can try that. Working on deleting the 3000 as mentioned before. Started it when it was advised so I'm about an hour in and not finished.

Comment

Working...
                X