Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled out of bed at 5 and went to a local gym here in Texarkana.

5 mins on the elliptical
    BB Squats going up to 275 (5 sets from 12 to 8 reps)
    Deadlift going up to 315 (5 sets from 15-8)
    Leg press (75 reps in 3 sets)
    Leg Extension SS with Leg Curls
    5 mins on the elliptical for a cool down

52 mins and 530 cals down the drain

Comment

Cardio and Arms today. Tweaked my left bicep last week doing heavy hammer curls so stayed light today and upped the reps. Probably will be immuring hammer curls in general and staying with a neutral grip from here on out.

Total of 89 mins and 1055 cals
      Ran 2.2 miles for a warm up

Rope ext SS DB 21’s
      Overhead rope ext SS DB alternating curls
      Wide Grip BB curls SS Mch dips
      BB Spider Curls SS DB overhead Ext
      Incline Curls SS Skull Crushers

10 mins on the elliptical and 15 mins in the sauna

Comment

Haha! I rolled over and hit the snooze button. 3 times. I have a rule, if I hit the snooze button 3 times its' too late to get up and go to the gym.

Comment

Ended yesterday with a 2 mile jog

In the gym doing chest and core this morning

Comment

Sticking with 2 heavy sets followed by two strip sets and supersetting. My body is sore, but the pump is awesome. Legs and shoulders today. I wanted to get in some triceps since I missed yesterday, but I just didn't have enough time.

Military press/hack squat
            Seated lateral raise/leg extension
            Rear delt cable fly/prone leg curl

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Comment

Yesterday was back plus cardio

About to head in Today for arms and core.

Comment

2 mile jog for a warm up

Super Setter 6 Bi and 6 Tri exercises
                Core routine
                1 mile jog for a cool down.

Wrapping up 15 mins in the sauna. Looking around 99 mins and 1100+ cals down the tube

Comment

This morning was legs and shoulders

Warm up and cool down of 10 mins on the elliptical.

BB Squats SS BB Military Press with DS
                  Deadlifts SS with DB Arnold Press with DS
                  DB side raises SS Lunges SS BB Shoulder Shrugs
                  Leg Press SS Smith upright Row
                  Leg Ext SS Front Raises
                  Leg Curls SS Face pulls

Wrapping up with 15 mins in the sauna and should finish around 1050 cals

Comment

Still going with two heavy sets and two strip sets. I put on 4 pounds over the weekend. With the exception of dinner Friday night, it was a cheeseburger and Mexican food weekend. Chest and back today.

Wide grip chest press/bent over narrow grip row
                    Bilateral incline press/bilateral lat pull down
                    Cable fly/Inverse grip low row.

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      Still going with two heavy sets and two strip sets. I put on 4 pounds over the weekend. With the exception of dinner Friday night, it was a cheeseburger and Mexican food weekend. Chest and back today.

Wide grip chest press/bent over narrow grip row
                      Bilateral incline press/bilateral lat pull down
                      Cable fly/Inverse grip low row.

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.
                      This weekend was not a goo one food wise for me either lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        This weekend was not a goo one food wise for me either lol
                        LOL! Yeah, I'm starting over again today. Salad for lunch and then back to keto for dinner. Probably axis backstraps stuffed with jalapeno and wrapped with bacon. Maybe another salad and some other veggie. Now, if I can just keep the little woman from making the rice pudding or the the pineapple upside down cake she's been wanting to make I'll be OK. I must be STRONG! LOL!

Comment

Currently wrapping thing up in the Sauna

Warm up was 15 mins on the treadmill
                          Today was chest and abs. Changed things up and All chest exercises were 6 sets broken down into 1x12 / 3x8 / 1x6 / 1x10 DS

BB bench from 135 to 205
                          BB Incline from 135 to 175
                          Mch Chest fly from 100 to 150
                          BB Decline from 135-185
                          DB Bench from 55’s to 75’s

Mch crunches, Leg Lifts, and Mch twist for abs (all 3x25 or 4x20)
                          6 min cool down on elliptical

Also bought a Ninja smoothie blender yesterday and trying to incorporate my protein shakes into a more filling smoothie to hold me over longer. We shall see how that goes

Comment

Good work guys! I'm starting to dabble with alittle biking, push-ups etc after 15 years of no working out. I'm way out of shape and it's time. What do you guys recommend for supplements if any? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                              Good work guys! I'm starting to dabble with alittle biking, push-ups etc after 15 years of no working out. I'm way out of shape and it's time. What do you guys recommend for supplements if any? Thanks
                              Heck I think if 10 people answer you'll receive 9 different answers.

I have to have Prework out to get going, plus I like the Beta-Al to get the rush going, so I do Legion, Bucked up, or Total War in that category.

Protein is protein. Look for something with a high protein content and low cals, sugar, and sodium (if possible). I honestly couldn't even tell you what I am taking right now. If it fits in the right parameters and is on Sale I snag it. Also if I can replace if with regular food that is high in protein I do that whenever possible.

Haven't messed with any fat burners or anything like that so someone else will have to chime in.

Honestly if you just cut of some of the crappier food, cut down on the drinking (if you drink), along with eating slower/smaller portions you'll see the best results. IMO at least.
                              Last edited by 150class; 08-20-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post

Only supplements I use are a preworkout, I like Mr. Hyde, and occasionally an amino acid drink during my workout. The amino acid drink is mainly for flavoring and something to drink other than water. I don't believe I get any better performance with or without it. I use a pre because I need the extra kick after work to put in a good session. The majority of supplements are snake oil. The most important things are a strong mind, good nutrition and good sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X