Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Hogs

Short story Long,
    I've been scouting Granger for the past yr. Back in June last yr I finally came across some good signs, current year I started back in Jan. from were I left off. Upon my scouting in this cove I found this rail timber which had been rubbed down a lot, my first thought is this might be a scent marking location for hogs. Put out a camera and sure enough I've been getting the group of hogs every night usually always an hr after sunset. NO daytime images at all. So I set up just outside the thick timber in an open area and used: Corn, hog attractant powder/liquid, home made stuff I found on the internet and still the hogs wont come out before sunset. Not /sure what's eating my stuff but my money goes towards the deer's first. Wont put a camera up because this location does get other hunters in there and don't what to risk getting it stolen like my stuff last year.

Just wondering anybody on the greenscreen has any suggestion on how to get the hogs to come out earlier?

Thanks DH
    Attached Files

Get you a Sniper Hog light and kill them after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
      Get you a Sniper Hog light and kill them after dark.
      Thanks, I got a call to the GW right now to see if we're allowed to hunt there at night. Gonna look into that light. Which one you recommend?
      DH
      Last edited by DHOutdoorsman; 03-23-2021, 12:36 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Go find them. Public hunting hogs is one of the most enjoyable hunting I have done. Just boots on the ground following sign. They are somewhere during the daylight, I guarantee that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you ever get in contact with the Warden? I'm curious about this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt2eat View Post
            Did you ever get in contact with the Warden? I'm curious about this myself.
            Yes I called, He never answered the phone and I left a message. He never returned my call.

Comment

Working...
            X