Restoration Project: My Brothers 93 Ford F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoration Project: My Brothers 93 Ford F250

Finally got my dad to let me get my brothers old truck. Josh died in April of 2000 and the truck hasn’t been driven much in those years in between. It’s an 93 Ford F-250 with the 351 motor. Body is in great shape, no rust, no big dents, and not missing any parts or emblems. Runs ok now, but needs some minor mechanical repairs. Interior is pretty good shape to and seat isn’t even torn. I do need one piece of dash that is circled in the picture if anyone has a line on one or an old truck for parts. I know these aren’t as sought after as the square body Chevys, but it’s a pretty special truck to me. Hopefully in a few months I’ll have some pics of the truck repainted and road ready.
    Attached Files

Could an auto interior or vinyl repair shop fix the crack?

Comment

Originally posted by ateagleton View Post
      Could an auto interior or vinyl repair shop fix the crack?
      They might could. Haven’t looked into that beyond watching a video that looked
      Complicated.

Comment

Awesome!! I can’t imagine what this project means to you sir but I will be following so please update it when you can?

Comment

Great project. Just a note. All those dashes do that and finding one not cracked will be next to impossible. And that dash has been painted already. Maybe vinyl repair and repaint? Or whole dash replacement witch will be high dollar. They sell a “dash rug” that will cover the entire top half of the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice truck. Keep us updated on progress. I had a 1997 F250 single cab diesel and it’s still one of my favorite trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Great project. Just a note. All those dashes do that and finding one not cracked will be next to impossible. And that dash has been painted already. Maybe vinyl repair and repaint? Or whole dash replacement witch will be high dollar. They sell a “dash rug” that will cover the entire top half of the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I was really surprised more of the dash wasn’t cracked up, but there was just this one spot. I’ve found several that are black or gray or tan, may have to get one of those and have it paint matched If this one can’t be repaired. Was just hoping a TBH’r had a nice pristine one waiting for me in their garage. 😂

Comment

Working...
              X