No announcement yet.

Recommend a Company That Burns Piles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they near other trees and brush? I burned 12-15 HUGE piles the same day. Piles were 10-15' tall by 20' wide. It was a little crazy looking when the sun went down.

Fires don't really get out of control unless there's lots of fuel lose by and very dry conditions.

I don't know anyone though.

Comment

If ya can zoom in alittle, I think there's about 15 burning in this picture. Sure makes it nice when it turns green again. Should be able to knock them out in a few trips.
      Attached Files

Comment

if you have a farm liability policy light it up

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
          You would need a dozer and water truck, but rates are generally $800-$1400 day.
          Holy cow.. im in the wrong business.
          24pk, portable radio, gasoline, a match, old school aluminum lawn chairs, and some old fire stomping boots is all we needed. Could probably see our fires from the international space station. Total cost...24pk

Comment

Huh......never heard of such a thing. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
              You would need a dozer and water truck, but rates are generally $800-$1400 day.
              BT lowry ive got the dozers, trucks and water wagons lets go lol.

$1400 a day and im in.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Are they near other trees and brush? I burned 12-15 HUGE piles the same day. Piles were 10-15' tall by 20' wide. It was a little crazy looking when the sun went down.

Fires don't really get out of control unless there's lots of fuel lose by and very dry conditions.

I don't know anyone though.
                We have some massive piles from Laura that have just been stacked up by an excavator. Waiting for a zero wind forecast before we light it. It's gonna be hot, so we have to plow a few rings around the exterior. I'll try to post some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  I didn’t know this was a thing. Everyone I know just waits for the right weather and then sets them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I know!

Proof people will pay for anything

Comment

Had a guy do clearing recently no where near you so cant recommend. He digs a 16 by 16ft hole in the ground with an excavator and burns everything in the hole. Acts like a chimney and gets so hot you can burn green timber in it. If you are worried about fires this is the safest way I have seen it done. Not sure if practical for you depending on how far these piles are apart.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      What do people pay for someone to come out and burn brush piles?

I may start a side business

I have burned some huge piles and other than taking several days to burn completely up none have been a problem
                      My side business is drinking beer. Want to partner up? Burn brush and drink some beer for $1400 a day???

Comment

I like a little wind before I light up a big pile...makes things a bit more interesting.

Comment

Who would have thought you needed a dozer and a water truck to burn some brush piles. Burned many a pile without either!

Wait for some rain rent a skid steer and light em up!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                            Who would have thought you needed a dozer and a water truck to burn some brush piles. Burned many a pile without either!

Wait for some rain rent a skid steer and light em up!
                            All we ever needed was a cooler full of beer to burn piles.

Comment

We use an excavator, 5 gallons of diesel, a 6 pack of beer and a few matches. We’ve burned no less than 50 in the last month alone. If the ground allows for it we prefer to dig a hole to burn them in but that’s not required by any means. It sure makes burning every last stick of wood easy though,,

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                                I like to set mine on fire a little after sundown and let them burn at night.
                                not near as much danger to get out of control. It burns a lot slower at night
                                and does a better job getting everything. Not very much wind and way less chance of embers flying off and starting unwanted fires
                                I had always heard that burning at night was against the law.

Comment

Working...
                                X