Any medical field recruiters on TBH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any medical field recruiters on TBH?

Hey there. Looking at a possible career change. I have experience in HR and as a supervisor with 4 years of experience leading people, two of which I have had direct reports. I am familiar with the hiring process from a company standpoint... I am mulling over where my career goes next, and saw a listing on Indeed for a commission-based position as a recruiter for the medical field. I was hoping to see if anyone had any insights and if this was a career that would be worth looking into.

Thanks in advance.

Don’t know exactly what it would be for. But there are a lot of temp agency’s that place nurses. And MAs in offices and hospitals. There is definitely a need for recruiters only thing is the supply of candidates is short due to a lot of then being employeed right now. Demand high and supply low for educated medical professionals.

Comment

send cgny27 (Chris) a message

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
        Don’t know exactly what it would be for. But there are a lot of temp agency’s that place nurses. And MAs in offices and hospitals. There is definitely a need for recruiters only thing is the supply of candidates is short due to a lot of then being employeed right now. Demand high and supply low for educated medical professionals.
        There's never enough nurses. Between back injuries, hospitals dicking them around, and putting up with *******s made nastier by pain, they are hard to keep.

Edit: I will say I appreciate the recruiters, seems like the only way my wife could get meaningful raises was by switching hospitals.
        Last edited by LOC4L; 10-23-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          Thanks, I will reach out to him.

TTT...

Comment

stop talking about me! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
              stop talking about me! :-)

well someone has too

Comment

well someone has too

Goooood point!!

Comment

A lot of jobs to be placed just not as many people that aren’t already placed. High demand at this time

Comment

I own a staffing agency but mainly geared towards manufacturing but will take the plunge into the medical field soon (when I find the right recruiter). My sister works for a staffing agency that is geared towards the medical field and she stays absolutely swamped!

Comment

I have not been able to find a dependable recruiter. All suggestions were worse than my previous job. When visiting my sister in Great Britain, I signed up for a botox & dermal filler course https://drhennessyacademy.com/course...aining-course/. This is not really my profile, but I liked the practical part. Now I'm trying myself as a plastic surgeon's assistant. I think that it's better to engage in self-development and not rely on recruiters. Professionals are appreciated everywhere. If you do not have some valuable skills, then you can hardly count on a good job.

Comment

Recruiters can make great money. Ours can't get enough nurses so we also get the referral bonuses if we get friends to come on to work. The nurses (person doing the referring) get 10k for every nurse they get to come over that statys for 6 months and the new hire gets a 10k bonus as well right now. Not sure what recruiters get paid per nurse but must be good as they blow up my phone multiple times a week from other hospitals trying to get us to switch companies.
                        I know our recruiters do alot including hel find housing/movers etc for people coming from out of town/state. One of the biggest issues is finding someone with good experience in the right field ready to make a change right now. Hospitals are doing all they can to keep their employees at the moment. Not alot of people looking to change to another company and alot of hospitals have slowed way down on hiring new grads unless going into a residemcy
                        Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 04-20-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

My experience with them in a very tight market (civil engineering) is that most are like high-turnover used car salesmen, hound dogging that commission then disappearing.
                          Very few that I’ve experienced are worth my time.

Comment

Working...
                          X