No announcement yet.

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang dude, that was you ?? Congrats man !!! Saw that pic on the FB page....didn't make a connection....

Comment

Yes sir. I didn’t get field pics being the last night.
      Couple trail cam pics.
      That 9 is a stud.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DD044F18-F036-4840-A6A1-6B4C0D3AA9EC.png
Views:	1
Size:	854.1 KB
ID:	24639309
      Click image for larger version

Name:	A2C88A09-A260-4DFE-BB02-5F12CD13B322.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	24639310

Comment

Great live thread WB - congrats to your group, what a haul!

Comment

Post hunt remorse... Maybe I was being too selective. What do you guys think on these? Deer last night was similar to this 8pt but taller tines. I wanted the older deer in the background but his width wasn’t there.

All these photos are from the western most sendero on Unit 15 (middle of South Jay)
          Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Personally, wouldn't have dropped the hammer on one I wasn't willing to pay 600 to get mounted. That would be my mindset when hunting the Chap. I wouldn't have taken any of those, just in the hopes of their yet untapped potential, but like I said, that is just me.

Comment

That was really my position too. None of them really grabbed me, although they would all be a trophy in their own right. It wasn't what I was looking for from the Chap.

Comment

Picture heavy, sorry, but here are some photos from the trail cam during my hunt in Unit 15. The early date photos were by the water hole at the top of the unit about midway over.

The others are where I hunted last night, which was (unmarked and unsafe) stand 32 in the very middle of the unit.

I saw the little crab claw 10pt in the morning on the West sendero and then last night I saw 3 bucks, at least one of which was caught on the camera but I took my 45/70 with me to that sit as it was close, within 50y, so no good hunt photos plus I couldn't move for nearly 6 hours in that tripod. Nearly every time I'd move it seems I caught somethings attention.
                Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
                  Yes sir. I didn’t get field pics being the last night.
                  Couple trail cam pics.
                  That 9 is a stud.
                  Nice photos, and congrats on closing out your hunt with a nice deer Friday night.

Comment

heyyy, there were a couple nice ones in the last set of trailcam pics !!!
                    ...and...agreed...whichever one, it should immediately just jump out and grab you !!! With no hesitation...that's when you know !!!

Comment

Buddy put together a collage of our 4 deer from this hunt. Good memory pic there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice. Looks like a great time.

Comment

Working...
                        X