X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    Where do you buy it RD?
    Sally Beauty Supply.
    Be warned...last time I went there I was single and almost didn't escape..Cougars on the prowl.

Comment

Get a beetle setup. I have boiled a few and it's labor intensive.

Comment

Past few years, I've been paying $150 with plaque

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I just paid $125 to Tobin here on TBH at Top Pin Taxidermy and it was worth every penny. I've done them myself, I've paid more and I've paid less, but he's so convenient and does such a good job, $30-40 less $$ or doing them by myself is not attractive to me anymore.

[ATTACH]1031295[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1031296[/ATTACH]
          Thanks Jason!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
            $175 with plaque, $125 skull only Mont Belvieu area
            I order most of my plaques from the taxidermist woodshop as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang it R D! Missed it by 26 years.

Comment

We would boil them as well and yes it is labor intensive but I get personal satisfaction out of a job well done. The folks on this site never cease to amaze me with their skill sets and knowledge of just about everything.

Comment

Nothing wrong with offering a quality service at a reasonable price. Best way to separate yourself from the rest of an over crowded business. I bet if you started offering at your original posted price you’d have more work than you can handle. Which is a good thing in small business. Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                    Nothing wrong with offering a quality service at a reasonable price. Best way to separate yourself from the rest of an over crowded business. I bet if you started offering at your original posted price you’d have more work than you can handle. Which is a good thing in small business. Good luck...
                    Thank you sir

Comment

Beetles only if Im putting it in the house and pay 125.

Comment

I have boiled, cleaned and sometimes bleached my own and close friends for 35 years. All people that I know that offer this services around central Texas start at $135.00 bare and $155.00 plague/driftwood included. If I could find a person that offered this service for $75 bare skull or less in my area, he or she would get my business.
                        I use the boil in clean water, drink beer, pressure washer method.

Rwc
                        Attached Files

Comment

How does this work if you start taking on other people heads? Do you need to keep a Texas Parks and Wildlife log? I know my taxidermist always takes down my license and stuff. Just curious how it all works. Good luck on your entrepreneurship.

Comment

Anybody know of a reasonable priced place around Beaumont area? I think I paid $235 last year for a board and skull in Orange.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              How does this work if you start taking on other people heads? Do you need to keep a Texas Parks and Wildlife log? I know my taxidermist always takes down my license and stuff. Just curious how it all works. Good luck on your entrepreneurship.
                              Appreciate it. More to come . In for more insight from guys that do taxi work. Great question.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                                Appreciate it. More to come . In for more insight from guys that do taxi work. Great question.
                                Just don’t want anyone to get himmed up for a careless mistake. I know a guy who raises and milks , copperheads, rattlesnakes and water moccasins in his garage for anti venom research. TP&W is always checking in him and his paperwork

Comment

Working...
                                X