Central Texas folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Texas folks

Got a question for you. All my Live oak trees leaves have turned brown. Kind of like mesquites and other trees do after a hard freeze in the fall. Is this normal or did the hard freeze, last week bring this on? Seems early for them to be putting on new ones. Just curious. No big deal.

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    Got a question for you. All my Live oak trees leaves have turned brown. Kind of like mesquites and other trees do after a hard freeze in the fall. Is this normal or did the hard freeze, last week bring this on? Seems early for them to be putting on new ones. Just curious. No big deal.
    Threr is a thread on here that discusses that. They are in shock.

Comment

Shock mode. They will lose their leaves over the next couple weeks and then new growth next 1-2 months.

Comment

I saw a lot of live oaks drop leaves the last two days

Comment

Have about 2” of live oak leaves on my front and back yard.

Comment

in shock give them time.

Comment

Most of the pine trees are doing the same thing in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Threr is a thread on here that discusses that. They are in shock.
                Sorry. Didn't do a search. Forgive me.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post

Yea, they're gonna lose them and put on new leaves a little earlier this year

Comment

They will survive and put on new leaves and growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      Have about 2” of live oak leaves on my front and back yard.
                      X2

Hope the “shock” wears off and my live oaks green back up OK.

Comment

Mine are shedding leaves big time...................

Comment

All mine are dropping leaves as well. Gonna be interesting to see what comes back. My apple trees were covered in blossoms before the freeze. Everything turned brown and fell off. My olive trees look terrible. Sago palms and cactus got hammered.

Comment

Yea my yard is covered in leaves and having to clean the leaves out the pool a couple times per day.

Got 40+ oaks in my yard. Hope they all make it. I just finished cutting up all the fallen limbs today. Glad I hired someone to trim the trees last summer. I can only imagine how many downed limbs I would have had or downed trees if I hadn't done that.

Comment

Working...
                            X