Suppressor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor question

So I know the trust Is likely the better option long term but is it possible to buy as and individual then set up a trust and transfer later?

Yes but I believe you have to pay for another stamp and wait for the approval again.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
      Yes but I believe you have to pay for another stamp and wait for the approval again.
      Going through this now. Set up mine as individual then going to do another to put my family and everyone on one trust.. You have to wait for the approval again but you get to keep the silencer and keep using it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
        Going through this now. Set up mine as individual then going to do another to put my family and everyone on one trust.. You have to wait for the approval again but you get to keep the silencer and keep using it.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
          Thank you.
          Yes sir. Please check into this yourself though. I feel like I'm starting a rumor by saying that. Im just passing on the words from the man I bought mine through and have been doing business with him for 8 years now. This is my first. Maybe some of these veterans around here thats been down this road will chime in also.

Comment

What was explained to me was if you have a trust, just keep the trust. All it takes is an addendum page to be notarized and they are legally a part of the trust and allowed possession.

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post

Be very careful with how everyone is named in the trust. If you give them the wrong responsibility then you’ll have to get them all to sign paperwork for every Nfa item you add to the trust in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

why not go trust in the beginning if you know that is what you want?

If you go individual, you would then need to do another form 4 and pay another $200 to transfer it from individual to trust.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  why not go trust in the beginning if you know that is what you want?

If you go individual, you would then need to do another form 4 and pay another $200 to transfer it from individual to trust.
                  Time. The trust approval can take over a year whereas I’ve seen / heard individual taking a few months.

Comment

Time. The trust approval can take over a year whereas I’ve seen / heard individual taking a few months.
                    Huh?? Not sure where you are getting this info but all of my suppressors have been done on trusts and my last 2 were 4 months and 5 months respectively.

Buying an NFA item is not something that you can rush. It's a total crap shoot as to how long it takes to process no matter if it's trust or individual.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

trust and individuals are about the same these days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

On average, how long until the can is delivered after the check is cashed?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                          On average, how long until the can is delivered after the check is cashed?

Changes all the time. The Silencer Shop has a good tracker that shows current wait times based on type of application.

Comment

Suppressor question

I bought one from a local dealer recently through a local dealer who had a Silencer Shop kiosk and went the trust route. Am I correct in thinking that the below data doesn’t show current times for how I bought mine? I don’t see F4 Trust E-File. I’m planning on a year but was just curious.

I wonder what happens if they ban them prior to you receiving your tax stamp. I guess we’ll be out $1200-$1500??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by 175gr7.62; 01-11-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Is there a link or where do I find accurate info on the trust process? (Not to hijack)

Comment

Working...
                              X