Rhino Lining a truck Pros vs Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhino Lining a truck Pros vs Cons

I'm leaning hard to rhino lining my entire truck. What are the pros and cons of having it done?

Pros: Resists scratch damage, looks cool

Cons: Cost, Weight, a pain to keep clean (if you care), starts peeling if not prepped well

Comment

I think it would decrease the value of it significantly.

Comment

I recently had my 02 Toyota Tacoma done and so far love it and it cleans up easily for me. I mainly use mine for hunting and driving back and forth to the paper mill.

Comment

Weight would bother me
          IMO a wrap is better on weight and fit

Comment

I had it on my jeep. Absolutely loved it! Downside besides weight as others pointed out is that the black will start to fade over time. I even kept mine in garage and still faded.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out Monstaliner. Lots of cool colors! I did my Jeep Cherokee desert sand.
              Awesome product

Comment

As already mentioned cons would be weight and value (depending on the situation). Whatever you do make sure the prep is done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up Raptor liner. Tons of YouTube videos about it and test. I plan on doing my Ranch truck with it.

Comment

Line X has a new product that weighs significantly less.
                    Expensive though.
                    I got a bid back in the spring, and it was 9k+.
                    That did include interior door panels.
                    This was on a 4 door, longed Tundra.

Comment

I recently Raptorlined part of my truck and my bass boat so I've got a bit of experience in regards to this subject.

1) It's no harder to clean than any other paint if you're using a high pressure h20 source.

2) if it's done properly (prep IS EVERYthing) it's incredibly tough.

3) Raptorliner can be tinted in any color imaginable and in a semi-gloss finish. (Possibly gloss, but, I didn't research it) I don't like a matte bedliner finish in a truck, but, the tintable opened my eyes.....a LOT.

4) It's EASY to shoot yourself if you've got both the spot to do it and the equipment. That saves you a LOT of money. If you prep and spray it properly it turns out great.

5) Weight....+/= 30 lbs if you paint the entire vehicle. That's been way overblown IMOP. Personally, I don't think 30#'s is going to affect your mileage, suspension, etc to any great degree. I've got more than 30lbs in my back seat during hunting season.....much less the bed and tool box.

Do yourself a BIG favor and perform your due diligence. Search the internet and YouTube as there's TONS of credible info that you can research. Once bedliner is on it's ON, so make sure you're ALL in and committed.

Personally, I probably wouldn't do it to a newer truck, although there's quite a few brand new show trucks painted in Raptor (and they look great IMOP). Mine's an old '07 so I wasn't risking a lot. On a positive s note, my truck INCREASED in value. I've had numerous people compliment me on it all over the USA. 2 different people offered to buy it. That certainly didn't happen when it was an old stock Ford KR 150.

Comment

Thanks all. Never thought about weight being an issue. Will have to look up some average weights for tundra crew max. Not worried about truck value as I plan to run this one as long as I can.

Comment

The weight statement is ignorant. It adds very little weight to a vehicle. 20 to 40 lbs depending on vehicle size. It is a none issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                            I recently Raptorlined part of my truck and my bass boat so I've got a bit of experience in regards to this subject.

1) It's no harder to clean than any other paint if you're using a high pressure h20 source.

2) if it's done properly (prep IS EVERYthing) it's incredibly tough.

3) Raptorliner can be tinted in any color imaginable and in a semi-gloss finish. (Possibly gloss, but, I didn't research it) I don't like a matte bedliner finish in a truck, but, the tintable opened my eyes.....a LOT.

4) It's EASY to shoot yourself if you've got both the spot to do it and the equipment. That saves you a LOT of money. If you prep and spray it properly it turns out great.

5) Weight....+/= 30 lbs if you paint the entire vehicle. That's been way overblown IMOP. Personally, I don't think 30#'s is going to affect your mileage, suspension, etc to any great degree. I've got more than 30lbs in my back seat during hunting season.....much less the bed and tool box.

Do yourself a BIG favor and perform your due diligence. Search the internet and YouTube as there's TONS of credible info that you can research. Once bedliner is on it's ON, so make sure you're ALL in and committed.

Personally, I probably wouldn't do it to a newer truck, although there's quite a few brand new show trucks painted in Raptor (and they look great IMOP). Mine's an old '07 so I wasn't risking a lot. On a positive s note, my truck INCREASED in value. I've had numerous people compliment me on it all over the USA. 2 different people offered to buy it. That certainly didn't happen when it was an old stock Ford KR 150.
                            Well I was worried about weight until reading your post. I was typing and on the when you replied I guess. I drive a tundra so first off I have never thought about gas mileage haha. My truck is a 2016 with 110k miles currently so value is still pretty good but I will keep on driving this one until it dies. I don’t wash my vehicles, I have never been one to do so. I will drive thru one on occasion but I’m not spending time washing it by hand. I appreciate the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              The weight statement is ignorant. It adds very little weight to a vehicle. 20 to 40 lbs depending on vehicle size. It is a none issue.
                              This^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X