Best size/value Tractor for 25 acres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best size/value Tractor for 25 acres

As a follow-on to my other thread regarding electricity, I figure one of my first necessities will be a tractor. I have started researching brands, sizes, etc. and it is completely overwhelming. So, I am again turning to the TBH brain trust.

Here are the land particulars and the types of tasks, if it will help with brand, size recommendations.

25 acres
    4 acre front pasture (this will eventually have 2-3 houses on it)
    9 acre lightly wooded future house pasture
    12 moderately wooded pasture

Tasks
    Rough mowing
    Maybe finish mowing but I have a zero turn
    Moving/leveling dirt
    Digging maybe
    Building fence
    Maintaining 700' gravel road
    brush cutting in the wooded section

What are yall's thoughts? I want to buy something reliable but not outrageously expensive because I have some other big expenses coming up.

We have a 53 HP JD 5220 model & it does great with mowing (6’), tilling, discing. We have a dirt grader with breaker arms I’ve never used. Our tractor has a FEL as well
    It does great for this level of work. I would think you could go less HP for what you wanting to do

Comment

40HP 4wd with 6’ shredder and front end loader. Box blade, bucket and pallet forks.

I got a mahindra 4025 about $21k with attachments and roof
      0% financing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        40HP 4wd with 6’ shredder and front end loader. Box blade, bucket and pallet forks.

I got a mahindra 4025 about $21k with attachments and roof
        0% financing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I like the sound of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
          I like the sound of this.
          That would do it and hopefully no dpf.......

Comment

define digging would be the big question

Comment

My advice, at least 50hp. There ain’t one person in this world ever said they wished they would have bought a smaller tractor. I’m a big fan of Kubota. Didn’t care much for the Mahindra and they wanted too much for the JD.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                define digging would be the big question
                Oh heck I am not sure what kind of digging, I just figured I would eventually want to dig something.

Comment

I have 25.54 acres with similar mix and job requirements (other than "digging"). I've been very happy with my Kubota 3901 with 6' mower, grapple, bucket and box blade.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    I have 25.54 acres with similar mix and job requirements (other than "digging"). I've been very happy with my Kubota 3901 with 6' mower, grapple, bucket and box blade.
                    Thank you Michael.

Comment

I have a kubota 7060 that I’ve put 1k hours on in a year because I run a mowing business and have had no issues. If I were you I would try to buy something in the 40hp range and if you have a project come up that would require you would need more lift out of the bucket then rent a skid steer for a day or two it’s not very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie_bob View Post
                        I have a kubota 7060 that I’ve put 1k hours on in a year because I run a mowing business and have had no issues. If I were you I would try to buy something in the 40hp range and if you have a project come up that would require you would need more lift out of the bucket then rent a skid steer for a day or two it’s not very expensive.
                        Went and looked at these. Wish I had the coin for one. Corona hurt that dream.
                        This year at least.

How big of a shredder are you pulling with it?

Comment

Can’t beat the jd on classifieds.

Comment

I have a Kubota M5660 for my 22+ acres.
                            It pulls a 2 bottom plow and 6ft disc harrow with no sweat.
                            The hydraulic shuttle shift is nice if you have to go forward/back frequently.
                            I use it to pull a 10ft shredder.
                            When I have to dig over a foot deep, I RENT a backhoe for a day or week.

Comment

Get a grapple no matter what else you do

Comment

Working...
                              X