Out of State Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of State Residents

Anybody else noticing all the out of state licence plate influx lately....it is absolutely insane in my area. On my Nextdoor neighborhood app the past 4 months seems like it almost 100% of all the new neighbors who introduce themselves are from another state. Is it just my area (outside Houston) or are yall seeing this elsewhere as well?

Fleeing liberal policies in the states they left. Hope they learned their lesson and don't vote for politicians that have the same policies as the sates they fled.

Comment

I am in Temple, and we are seeing A LOT of out of state plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
        Fleeing liberal policies in the states they left. Hope they learned their lesson and don't vote for politicians that have the same policies as the sates they fled.
        Lol, fat chance

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTribune, 2019
          Texas is growing at a rate of 1,000 people per day, and roughly half of these new Texans are migrants, according to State Demographer Lloyd Potter. The other half are newborns, Potter added.

The state gained 187,545 people from migration between July 2017 and July 2018 — even after accounting for people leaving the state, according to U.S. Census data.

In 2018, the majority of migrants to Texas — 104,976 people — came from other countries, with the rest arriving from other U.S. states.
          Wow

Comment

Good luck with that.... They just don`t want to eat where they *****.

Comment

They didn't.

It makes my blood boil thinking about the people ruining their states through their choices then coming here and attempting(will likely succeed many years from now) to do the same.

Comment

A while back some newly arrived Californians got on the nextdoor app asking if there was somewhere to get real Mexican food around here. Not our fake Texmex. I thought it was about to come to blows.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  Wow
                  By "other countries" they mean Mexico.

Comment

DFW is the same, tons of businesses relocating from the West Coast so lots of people coming with them, but then again I moved here 11 years ago so I don't blame them. Much better to be in Texas than the west coast. What I hate is people leaving X state because of their policies and cost and then moving here and voting the same and trying to make Texas into the state they just left.

Comment

As a resident of one of those Liberal dominated states (Illinois), I know many who have moved out of state, are looking to or just wish they could. They pretty much all see the problems caused by liberal ideas and I highly doubt any would vote to further them.

Illinois is a great example of a state that primarily votes (R) is you look at a county by county basis - but then you get to Cook county, which votes (D) and has enough population to cancel out the rest of the state.

So if your new neighbor is from IL but not from Chicago/Cook Co, they are probably OK and just of many fleeing the state. Of course being from Chicago/Cook Co doesn't mean you're not OK, but its not a good sign either!

Comment

The west coast drove has turned into a west coast flooding of Texas. I visited with a Seattle suburb transplant and he said N Austin was like his home city in WA before the Californians invaded and drove prices up. He is here now and seeing the cycle repeat but in our state.

Fleas jumping off a dying dog. Lots of fresh blood to be sucked here.

I was looking for a chimney contractor the other day... I had to wade through the out of staters before I found the local 2nd generation family owned company I wanted. I dont care if I pay more...

Go Texan.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 12-08-2020, 11:01 AM. Reason: GoTexanSpake

Comment

Yes everyday. I’m in Houston also and we had a big discussion over thanksgiving about all the new license plates. I have seen more North Carolina than any other lately.

My family member was saying there are a bunch of travel nurses in our state to help with COVID.

I figured with the low oil prices and layoffs people would be headed else where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            By "other countries" they mean Mexico.
                            Lol. X100. Seems illegal activity is peaking right now. We have had a bunch of activity on our place down south. Game cam pics, even had a group cross in front of us the other day. I found some back packs right next to my Ranger. Think I spooked them when I came to get it after the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              A while back some newly arrived Californians got on the nextdoor app asking if there was somewhere to get real Mexican food around here. Not our fake Texmex. I thought it was about to come to blows.

Oh no they dinnit!

I lived there for 3 years in the early 90's while in the service. THEY DO NOT HAVE REAL MEXICAN FOOD.

Unless you get off the beaten path into the Hispanic neighborhoods OR real close to the border around San Ysidro.

IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X