No announcement yet.

Bankers, businessmen? Bank refuses to deposit customers check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried to deposit at another branch. They took it. Will see.

Comment

It's a wells Fargo check, and I'm right by a branch, but I'm hard headed. I expect MY bank to accept deposits to my accounts. Will see. If it gets kicked back I wll head to his bank ).

Comment

If I ever had an uneasy feeling on a customers or other contractors check I would take it to their bank and either cash it or get a cashiers check if it was a large amount. Then I’m covered no matter what. Sometimes there was a fee for either or but it’s worth the peace of mind.
        Last edited by Randy Madden; 02-06-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I just sold my house. Deposited a large check from wells fargo from the title company. (I should have had it wired I know but long story). They held it for 14 days. I screamed and they still said sorry, it is policy. So basically they earned interest on my funds for 2 weeks. As soon as funds hit, I moved them out. Not cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a problem years ago, deposited a 50k check from a 401k loan. The credit union said it needed to be verified, I said no problem and I would wait. Oh no they say, you need to call and verify. Well after arguing for about 5-minutes and who should really call, I went around the cornwr, called a friend to discuss a hunt and then went back to the teller and told them it was a good check. Talked with manager abouf it and they blew me off.

Well payday Friday rolls around for Bell Helicopter and I went into credit union and told them I needed to close my account. No problem and as she started to issue a cashier check for a little over 60k, I said nope, I want it all in cash. Teller calls manager who starts to tell me that they have enough cash on hand to pay Bell Helicopter and that I really should play it safe and take the check. NOPE, give it to me in cash and I welcome the fool that trys to rob me. I then open my sports jacket to reveal my badge and point to two of my partners who were also detectives.

Got my cash just as the rush hit to cash Friday payday checks and she was having to tell people she was ordering more money.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the pay to line have multiple names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cringe at the mention of Wells Fargo. Wife and I visited son, dtr in law, g'kids in Nashville before Christmas. Wife left a pair of shoes. Son sent them to her USPS. He texted me the receipt with tracking # so I could follow them. It was $12.25 to send shoes. There is a Wells (son banks with Wells) branch near my house so while I was out I stopped by to deposit the 12.25 cash into his acct. They would not accept. I asked why and was told "secondary to money laundering". I ask if they were serious. Her reply was 'you are not on the acct and it is the law". I replied "$12.25 sure sounds like a big time money laundering conspiracy for sure. Do I need to wait for the Feds to show up or am I free to leave". The man behind me and the lady at the next teller started laughing uncontrolabily. It sure miffed the gal talking to me. Oh, it is not the law per my Banker, just some Wells rule of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  Does the pay to line have multiple names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  No. Full business name, spelled correctly, etc

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                    I had a problem years ago, deposited a 50k check from a 401k loan. The credit union said it needed to be verified, I said no problem and I would wait. Oh no they say, you need to call and verify. Well after arguing for about 5-minutes and who should really call, I went around the cornwr, called a friend to discuss a hunt and then went back to the teller and told them it was a good check. Talked with manager abouf it and they blew me off.

Well payday Friday rolls around for Bell Helicopter and I went into credit union and told them I needed to close my account. No problem and as she started to issue a cashier check for a little over 60k, I said nope, I want it all in cash. Teller calls manager who starts to tell me that they have enough cash on hand to pay Bell Helicopter and that I really should play it safe and take the check. NOPE, give it to me in cash and I welcome the fool that trys to rob me. I then open my sports jacket to reveal my badge and point to two of my partners who were also detectives.

Got my cash just as the rush hit to cash Friday payday checks and she was having to tell people she was ordering more money.

Well played, sir! Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by brown dogs View Post
                      I cringe at the mention of Wells Fargo. Wife and I visited son, dtr in law, g'kids in Nashville before Christmas. Wife left a pair of shoes. Son sent them to her USPS. He texted me the receipt with tracking # so I could follow them. It was $12.25 to send shoes. There is a Wells (son banks with Wells) branch near my house so while I was out I stopped by to deposit the 12.25 cash into his acct. They would not accept. I asked why and was told "secondary to money laundering". I ask if they were serious. Her reply was 'you are not on the acct and it is the law". I replied "$12.25 sure sounds like a big time money laundering conspiracy for sure. Do I need to wait for the Feds to show up or am I free to leave". The man behind me and the lady at the next teller started laughing uncontrolabily. It sure miffed the gal talking to me. Oh, it is not the law per my Banker, just some Wells rule of some type.
                      Wells Fargo is the worst about that. They didn’t want me to deposit a few thousand cash from a fundraiser for a group my daughter was in and for which I was on the board of directors. Face palm. I thought banks did money.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

Awesome.

Comment

Before long, if some of these banks find out you are a Trump supporter or conservative, they will not want or take your business. Look at what BOA is doing now with the FBI!

Comment

Was with Chase and had more crappy dealings with them then I can count. Finally moved to Frost and it has been amazing. If you are in business in Texas and not with Frost Bank you are missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Just tried to deposit at another branch. They took it. Will see.
                              Posted to my account last night. Looks like Fishndude may have been right.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                They told me the check could be rejected up to 6 months later and if it was, the funds would come out of my account.

Ok? I'm willing to risk it. This isn't some fly by night customer. Been in business for 20 plus years... I have known the owner for over 10yrs.

Changing banks is definitely an option. This is bs.

May try mobile banking, will look into it. Im not that high tech.

Woodforest National Bank
                                I have been with Woodforest for 23 years but I am about done with them. Used to be a good small town type bank but they have lost that. Really don't want the hassle of moving everything to a new bank but I am about done.

Comment

Working...
                                X