Top Veteran Charities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Veteran Charities?

We are looking to donate our yearly tithing to a few reputable veteran charities in honor of a dear veteran friend that passed of cancer this year. As well as mine and my wife’s grandpas that have been gone for too long now. I know there are a lot of reputable ones out there as well as some crooks. I could really use some TBH help on this one. Thanks in advance. A hunting veteran or disabled veteran charity is a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Texas Stalker; 12-19-2020, 06:49 PM.

I'd go with Gary Sinise's foundation. They give a large percentage to the vets. WWP really lacks in that area. They have lots of commercials though.

Comment

I would look at Warrior's Weekend as well. They are a wonderful organization.

Comment

Small organizations are top of the list. A hunting type charity is ideal.

Comment

Look into combat warriors/Texoma. Local to you, and run by a gw/veteran. No big fancy production, more of tour donation goes directly to vets

Comment

I’ve been impressed with Operation Military Embrace over the years. I’ve seen them in action and been fortunate to partner with them in the past helping at Fort Sam Houston. They’re out of Spring. Not a hunting type outfit but directly help tons of vets and their families. The President had a son serving in the military as well. Sorry for your losses. Not sure I understand what you meant by tithes to a veterans organization vs support/gifts but nonetheless it’s a wonderful way to help our guys. I’m used to hearing tithes as a first fruits giving to the local church is all I meant. Great gesture

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
              I’ve been impressed with Operation Military Embrace over the years. I’ve seen them in action and been fortunate to partner with them in the past helping at Fort Sam Houston. They’re out of Spring. Not a hunting type outfit but directly help tons of vets and their families. The President had a son serving in the military as well. Sorry for your losses. Not sure I understand what you meant by tithes to a veterans organization vs support/gifts but nonetheless it’s a wonderful way to help our guys. I’m used to hearing tithes as a first fruits giving to the local church is all I meant. Great gesture

Well this year we basically saved all the money we usually give to the church and are going to try to reach out to some other organizations to help them directly. We left out a church we really loved when we moved a while back and haven’t found one we love yet. Covid hasn’t helped that. So basically still wanting to contribute. Just not directly to a church this year. I should have stated that. My mind likes to mesh things together and confuse folks.

Comment

I give here.
                Warriors Heart® provides private treatment to adult men and women 18 and older who are seeking inpatient treatment for chemical dependency, alcohol abuse, and co-occurring psychological disorders relating to PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) or the psychological effects of MTBI (mild traumatic brain injury).

Here.
                The Green Beret Foundation supports America’s U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers and their families and is a nonprofit charitable foundation.

and here.

Comment

Homeless veterans services of dallas, or 22Kill

Comment

PTSD Foundation of America/Camp Hope

Veterans Served by Camp Hope Veterans Served by Camp Hope Camp Hope in 2022 Camp Hope in 2022 One-on-One Veteran Sessions At Camp Hope Graduation Rate Veterans Attended Warrior Groups One-on-One Veteran Sessions At Camp Hope Graduation Rate Veterans Attended

Comment

My brother is a marine and helps run the Birdwell foundation in the Houston area. They specialize in taking in vets who struggle from PTSD and TBI and rehab them spiritually/socially/emotionally/mentally. I have seen first hand the leg work that goes behind the operation, and it is a pretty powerful ministry. They do so much more than just what most would assume. Most of these vets have turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with their problems, and end up losing their families, homes, and lives. They will take vets in or pick them up off the streets, put them in a hospital to get them medically lined out, then provide a place for them to stay for months while they begin to get them on their feet. Most importantly, they introduce them to Christ and teach that He is the only true way to their ultimate healing and recovery. It’s not just a 30 day detox or 12 step program. It is life changing ministry in which they try to give people their lives, husbands, dads, back etc. The owner also founded camp Hope I believe. They have a website and if you’d like more info let me know I can get with my brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

K Train can they use volunteers? I’m former Marine, retired, and may be able to tithe some time there.

Comment

You might consider the Lone Survivor Foundation as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            PTSD Foundation of America/Camp Hope

https://ptsdusa.org/
                            Yea camp hope is a good one

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by azst_bowhunter View Post
                              yea camp hope is a good one

sent from my sm-g892a using tapatalk
                              🇺🇸

Comment