Dvt's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvt's

Curious if anyone else has ever had A DVT? Back in October I twisted my knee and it swelled up, about a week later I was on the couch and had a horrific pain in my calf. Had a MRI done on my knee and they actually saw a clot so had me come back and do a Doppler Vascular ultrasound and confirmed I had a good size clot in my calf which explained the pain. They put me on blood thinners and since then had my knee drained and Cortisone shot and have been monitoring it since. So just curious if anyone's had one and how long did it take to get back to normal.

I see your in my neck of the woods.. where did ya get your MRI and who's your dr?.

A DVT could take a few weeks to months some times. Usually a few weeks tho... hope u recover quickly

Comment

I’ve had seven to date. What’s normal or rather what are you not doing?

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
        I see your in my neck of the woods.. where did ya get your MRI and who's your dr?.

A DVT could take a few weeks to months some times. Usually a few weeks tho... hope u recover quickly
        Dr. Litner and Ha, I had it done at methodist CL

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          I’ve had seven to date. What’s normal or rather what are you not doing?
          I still get a pain here and there is all.

Comment

I had a huge one in my thigh a couple years back. It felt like I had torn my groin muscle, but I couldnt figure out how I did it. Doc kinda freaked out and sent me to emergency room, where they did a xray on my lungs and I had two clots in there too. Immediately hospitalized me and gave me shots in my stomach that supposedly broke up and liquified the clots. Was able to go home the 3rd day. Pain in leg went away within a couple of days.

Since that happened, and they did all kinds of tests, they found I was Factor V Lieden. So I have been on the Eliquis for 2 years now with no problems. Havent had another clot again, and feel like I wont as long as I take my medicine. Havent really had any problems with extreme bleeding from cuts or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
              I had a huge one in my thigh a couple years back. It felt like I had torn my groin muscle, but I couldnt figure out how I did it. Doc kinda freaked out and sent me to emergency room, where they did a xray on my lungs and I had two clots in there too. Immediately hospitalized me and gave me shots in my stomach that supposedly broke up and liquified the clots. Was able to go home the 3rd day. Pain in leg went away within a couple of days.

Since that happened, and they did all kinds of tests, they found I was Factor V Lieden. So I have been on the Eliquis for 2 years now with no problems. Havent had another clot again, and feel like I wont as long as I take my medicine. Havent really had any problems with extreme bleeding from cuts or anything.
              Yeah, they kind of freaked out also or freaked me out lol. Glad you're doing better.

Comment

Thanks brother! Hope you finish yours up smoothly and never have to worry about them again!!

Comment

I've had 3 and im only 32. 1st one was at 21 years old. Started in my calf and went into my groin before I went to the doctor. 2nd was a year later same place opposite leg after a bull tore my knee up. 3rd was this year after my back surgery. I was put on asprin after the 1st one and now I'm on
                  Xarelto. I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden at age 21. Most of mine have went away in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X