Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accubond

Closest competitor bullet to accubond?
    6.5 in 140 grain is what I'm looking for, having trouble finding accubond.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Partions are hard to beat. Having said that I have never used them in a 6.5 but I have shot them out of a 257 weatherby mag.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by drwilliams; 12-12-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Accubond

Bonded ballistic tips would be, Hornady Innerbond 129g, Swift Scirroco 130g, Federal Terminal Ascent 130g. Those are the ones I can think of that would compete directly with the Accubond (bonded lead core bullet with polymer tip). Non polymer tips would be Nosler Partition, or Swift A-frame.

Depending on your application but the Nosler BTs will shoot similar to your accubonds, just without the bonded core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks.
        Yea just working up a hunting load, had some factory accubond that shot very well but only had one box.
        6.5 284 norma

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
          Ok thanks.
          Yea just working up a hunting load, had some factory accubond that shot very well but only had one box.
          6.5 284 norma

If you would like to try the Partitions let me know. Cover shipping and ill send them to you. I have a box of 33 left thats 140gr.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks.
            6.5 284 norma

I actually just picked up a box of 140g Accubonds at BPS in Katy. Unfortunately it was the last box they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Accubonds are awesome bullets. Never thought I’d be such a fan of a hunting bullet but they are deadly accurate and perform perfectly. My 260 loves the 130s and a 308 loves the 165s.

Comment

Closest competitor bullet to accubond?
                6.5 in 140 grain is what I'm looking for, having trouble finding accubond.

Swift Scirocco but those can be hard to find too. But they are a stout bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have some 140 gr. Accubonds, not sure I want to get rid of them. Probably going to try the other Bergers I have. I need to get back to working on my 6.5 loads soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X