Using Paid Sick Time for Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
    Always get a kick out of my crews who call in a sick day early....doesn’t work that way and no, sick time is not earned, vacation time is.
    Bull S H I T!!! I guess in your world people never get sick in the afternoon or evening, only feel bad in the morning. Sick time, vacation time or PTO are all part of a compensation package period. Wether it’s accumulated hourly or annually it’s part of an employee’s compensation.

Comment

I have before but don’t any more. I have 587 hours in my sick leave account I can’t do anything with...

Comment

Thankfully ours are labeled as sick/personal.

I schedule mental health days.

As a salaried employee I work more than enough extra time to cover any days that I take off.
        Last edited by TN_boy; 09-16-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

So your telling me when someone tells you Friday they will be sick Monday, you won’t have a problem with that? I certainty do as an owner of a business!

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
          Bull S H I T!!! I guess in your world people never get sick in the afternoon or evening, only feel bad in the morning. Sick time, vacation time or PTO are all part of a compensation package period. Wether it’s accumulated hourly or annually it’s part of an employee’s compensation.

Comment

Mental health days

Comment

So your telling me when someone tells you Friday they will be sick Monday, you won’t have a problem with that? I certainty do as an owner of a business!
              Yea it’s ridiculous. It’s also why many are PTO now and not actually sick days. Still I don’t see how people use it all every year. Sure it’s part of the “package” but at this point I got 3 weeks a year and using it all every year is a little ridiculous

Comment

We need to shift to PTO, would solve a lot of my production headaches.

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Yea it’s ridiculous. It’s also why many are PTO now and not actually sick days. Still I don’t see how people use it all every year. Sure it’s part of the “package” but at this point I got 3 weeks a year and using it all every year is a little ridiculous

Comment

I was sick. Sick of not hunting

Comment

I only get a 120 hours vacation and 56 for sick time. You better believe i'm burning every hour between Oct 3 and Jan 3. If my employer would allow me to purchase more vacation annually I wouldn't call in sick during the fall.

Comment

Sick leave is for SICK leave( doc appts, dental appts, projectile puking out both ends etc...). Anything else is abuse of it( ie. Vision problems because you just cant see coming to work or hung over). Nuff sed.

Comment

As the owner of a buisness, if you “budget” for employees being gone the amount of time you have allotted them. Whether or not they abuse it is out of your control. At the end of the year it should all balance out, if it doesn’t you need to go back to the drawing board. Some employees will use it, some will not. If done properly it can only bite them in the ***, not you. Ultimately it’s not up to you to decide whether or not someone is sick. Have you not ever had a appointment on a Monday that you knew about on Friday? Point being, don’t give employees anything you don’t want them to use. If you give it to them, it’s theirs. Doesn’t make a **** if they use it all in one lick or spread it out over the entire year. If you didn’t budget for them to use it that’s on you not them.

Comment

We need to shift to PTO, would solve a lot of my production headaches.
                          Really? How so? Because you used a different code to enter it into your payroll program. Ha lol. BS, an empty seat is an empty seat, how does the reason why solve any of tour production headaches?

Comment

Yeah well many would think not using all every year is ridiculous, unless your company lets it roll over and will pay for any unused portion upon separating.

Comment

Your wages are part of the “package” but using it all is a little ridiculous so how about you just let the company keep 10%

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                                Your wages are part of the “package” but using it all is a little ridiculous so how about you just let the company keep 10%
                                The solution is for the company to pay for sick/personal time not used. Encourages people to work and rewards those who do so. Having worked under this policy for 24 years, I've called in actually sick 2 days and called out another 3 or 4 days (to watch son's conference baseball tournament.) Also, I alerted my immediate supervisor that I would be unavailable for those days -- would have taken vacation days, but lead time was too short. It was no problem. By the way, I'll be leaving early Friday for a hunt. Again, gave supervisor head's up. Haven't decided whether I'll put in for personal time.

Comment

Working...
                                X