No announcement yet.

Supply and Demand: Texas Hunting Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't look at it as a "I have to get a monster' every year. It is more of enjoying the time outdoors with friends and family. I don't have to have the meat to survive either. If I figured the expense of hunting, either leasing or owning the land, or paid hunt, I couldn't afford it. But being outside and enjoying it is priceless. I own my property and we are selective on what we take and how many. We have explained how all this works to our kids and their families so that when we are gone they will know how to manage everything for the future.

Comment

I cant imagine any form of hunting going down in value, high fence or otherwise. There’s only so many places, animals and opportunity. Even if the percentage of hunters fall, there will be plenty of people to fill the spots.

Comment

I believe as the big ranches get broken into smaller ones the leases will become less available because more people can afford say $300,000 to buy land than can afford a million plus to buy a larger tract. As the population in Texas increases the available leases are decreasing due to people buying their own small place to hunt and the anti hunters/ hippies buying the rest to preserve nature.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
          I believe as the big ranches get broken into smaller ones the leases will become less available because more people can afford say $300,000 to buy land than can afford a million plus to buy a larger tract. As the population in Texas increases the available leases are decreasing due to people buying their own small place to hunt and the anti hunters/ hippies buying the rest to preserve nature.
          This is especially the case in areas within 2 hours of a big city. Land heirs that are itching to sell know their target market is city dwellers wanting a recreational/weekend place. In that case it makes sense to chop it up - 160's or smaller.

Comment

Working...
          X