2019-20 Grayson/Cooke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chongo View Post
    “IF” is right! We need to blood trail something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ain't that the truth

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed out. Should be in stand by 645. Cold and drizzling with N wind and zero moon last night. Weve got alot of rain lately, making me hope some of the acorns are rotten. Been getting a few more daylight pics.. makes sit #7.

Comment

Add me into the bashing of hitting something back this year.. had 2 does come out and ran an arrow thru the bigger one. 22 yards, perfect broadside. Came in from a different direction than expected and had to shoot sitting and got doe fever. Complete passthru, and I could see her bleeding. Not much blood on arrow. Doesnt smell like guts.

Comment

good luck finding your deer

Comment

Never underestimate the power of a dogs nose. Called my buddy and local tbh'r to bring out his hounds. Short time later, he shows and the dogs make quick work. Found her bedded under a cedar a quarter mile away and got her bayed. Ran over, and finished the job. Shot wasnt as bad as I thought. I just didnt realize she was quartering to me a bit. Shot hit guts and left zero blood. Not the biggest doe in Cooke county, but she'll dang sure eat good. Big thanks to Rickey with RL Tracking..

Comment

Congrats buddy!

Comment

Good job buddy. Action is picking up for me in Grayson. Have had 7 different bucks show up in the last 2 weeks. Mostly at night though.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                  Good job buddy. Action is picking up for me in Grayson. Have had 7 different bucks show up in the last 2 weeks. Mostly at night though.
                  While waiting on Rickey, I stayed in the stand and had my target buck come out and stare me down at 4 yards. Never could get a shot. Probably a 6 year old 3 point.

Comment

Good job fool!

Comment

After a slow youth weekend it got busy today. Got in the tree about 4 this afternoon and saw 5 different bucks. 2 good mature bucks that were chasing hard that I never could get to stop for a shot. Guess this weather is kicking them into gear and kicked me in the rear. I was under dressed today.

Comment

Doe down!! With my patrol car..

I hit one and the lady behind me drilled another one in the same group crossing thr road. Luckily I have a big grill guard and no damage. Her poor car is totaled.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          Never underestimate the power of a dogs nose. Called my buddy and local tbh'r to bring out his hounds. Short time later, he shows and the dogs make quick work. Found her bedded under a cedar a quarter mile away and got her bayed. Ran over, and finished the job. Shot wasnt as bad as I thought. I just didnt realize she was quartering to me a bit. Shot hit guts and left zero blood. Not the biggest doe in Cooke county, but she'll dang sure eat good. Big thanks to Rickey with RL Tracking..

Give Ricky a shout! His dogs do work!

Comment

Headed out with my 9 year old. We've let a tall box blind rest all year, so no idea if we'll see anything at all. He's been itching for a deer, so hopefully it happens. Not far from the river, so hopefully the duck hunters will push the deer my way.

Comment

That didn't take long.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                                That didn't take long.. haha

Seeing anything?

Comment

Working...