Atv wheel spacers? Good/Bad or ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2020 polaris sportsman 570. It came stock with the 25" steel wheels. So I wanted a upgrade. Found a set of 2015 RZR 12" wheels and tires. The problem is even though the wheel pattern matches @ 4/156. The hub center bore is small on the RZR wheel so it will not got the sportsman 570/hub..so I guess the options would be 1) to sell the wheels and buy new ones and add the cost of mounting or 2) buy spacers.

Are there different manufacturers of spacer that are good vs bad?

Are spacers in general ok on Atvs

I don't go mudding alot..I don't treat my bike like they are disposable..and I want to keep the cost reasonably.

I ran spacers on quite a few atv's, 2wd racing machines, but never used them on a 4x4, shouldn't be a problem though. They are made well. Might check out Rocky Mountain ATV

Comment

How much smaller is the center bore? If it is not much, it can be bored out at a machine shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        How much smaller is the center bore? If it is not much, it can be bored out at a machine shop.
        This. If you want to send to me, I'll do it. TBH discount of 100% applies.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Good deal brutha! The shop my buddy had in Plano closed up and I can't do things like this here in this shop. We bored out some Hummer rims for a guy to put on his Dodge.

Comment

I ran them in all my race and trail bikes. The extra bite in ruts is a plus and the increased stance will make the machine a little more stable. The only down side is you can lose a tad of steering performance if you get wide on the front. Makes sure if you decide on them to get billet aluminum sets, they cost a little more but are worth the coin. 1-1.500 is pretty good, 2’s a bit much imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had spacers on both 4 wheelers at fish camp as well as a little trailer we pull with the wheelers with big balloon tires. No issues so far, and widens the stance a little making them more stable in turns. Check the double inside lugs though, they CAN loosen and you won't notice as the wheel blocks view a lot of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                From 4 1/4" to 5 1/4. I'm sure it goes by MM and not inches. Center bore should be 131mm

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  Wow that is a great offer. I'll have to see what shipping 4 wheels would cost. Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by mrduxs View Post
                    Wow that is a great offer. I'll have to see what shipping 4 wheels would cost. Where are you located?

Sherman. Could prob work an express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X