Thieves Columbus TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thieves Columbus TX

Made a visit to my hunting shed on Friday to grab a few things for the weekend. As soon as I opened the door I immediately knew something was wrong as many of the totes were open and the shelves were disturbed. My shed is very near my parents house where my 7 yr old has been spending quite a bit of time. A quick phone call revealed that he hadn't been in my stuff this time and I immediately knew what had happened. Since I don't go there on a regular basis I'm not quite sure when they hit me but I believe that it happened within the last couple weeks. From what I can tell they made out with several sets of Wet Sounds speakers that I had won in fishing tournaments, Lowrance Electronics, and a bunch of my duck guiding equipment including my bag. My bag is what hurts the most. In it I had 20 years of bands/calls/lanyards and memories that cannot be replaced. To add insult, they even took a 20 plus year old bag from Johnny's Sport Shop in Eagle Lake that was my original duck hunting bag purchased by my Grandmother. I was collecting all of my old stuff with hopes that I when I eventually build a house, these items could be part of a really cool dead mount in my office. Now its probably all in a ditch somewhere as I cannot imagine selling it for any amount of money. The sheriff told me that recently theft has been terrible so put your stuff in a safe place fellas. Although there is a slim chance, I'm hoping that someone on the green screen could stumble upon my stuff. You can't miss a custom black RNT original with "Pintail Hunting Club" on it, someone who suddenly has a whole bunch of legbands, or an Avery guide bag that has "Clayton" embroidered across the top. The list goes on and on such as camo Costas, leatherman etc. All of that can be replaced but my calls/bands cannot.

This sucks. Will keep an eye out.

Comment

Awful, sure sorry about that....

Comment

Sorry to hear this. We will keep our eyes open when in the area.

Comment

Hate to hear that. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Comment

**** man, sorry to hear this. **** thieves.

Comment

Clayton if you haven't already, I would notify the area pawn shops as well as the local legitimate duck hunters. The SO will most likely do leads online and be following up with pawn shops as well.

Comment

Sucks man. Like you said what hurts the most is the invaluable stuff that you have a lot of sentimental value in that is more than likely going to end up in the ditch.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. My mom’s family is from Columbus and my uncle guides for Pintail Hunting Club, Im sure you know him.

Comment

Clayton,

I'm sure ya'll know but the fella across the street from you dads had his four wheeler stolen and they tried to take his truck back around June the 5th.
                    Man I hate a thief. Where that shed is located, it had to be someone local.

Comment

Meth heads

Comment

There's a fellow in Brazil with a certain set of skills...

Worthless trash!

Comment

Thiefs

That's why I have camera's.

Comment

I hate thieves. I had my B&W hitch stolen from my truck at 10:15 in the morning from right outside my shop door here at work. A customer saw him pull up and take it. Still ticks me off.

Comment

Hit any nearby pawn shops, you might find some of your stuff on the shelf if it's not already sold. Then get LEO involved with the pawn broker.

Comment

Working...
                              X